1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking up lawsuit filings

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Jun 6, 2021.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

How hard is it to look up lawsuit filings for a business? Not stuff that is settled, current active filings.

Long story short but I have a suit filed against a company who was paid in full for a contract that should have been made good Last September, but was not.

They are willing to settle for the paid amount but nothing else (attorneys fees interest ect) under the bs that there are lots of suits filed and they may just fold.

I was willing to settle even though I have lost piles of money but in the settlement agreement they want everything confidential. I have a huge problem eating All the losses and keeping my mouth shut about how I got screwed. I feel like others doing business with these scumbags with should know who they are dealing with.

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Take your money and move on. If you think you'll change something, you're most likely wrong, and will only be further disappointed. You're getting 100 cents on the dollar. You're ahead of the game.

Cheers,

Dave

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You can usually find them on the county clerks site too.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

They do business all over the state and probably the SE. I was hoping for an easy way to check before I give my attorney a response.

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'm easily out triple the money paid so not 100 cents on the dollar or even close.

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Sounds like 100 cents on the dollar to me.

As for the other money you spent, that is not generally recoverable, absent a statute or contract term.

So, what you want to do is forgo the settlement and try to spread the word about what a bunch of dicks they are. Your call . . . . My recommendation after suing weasel dick motherfuckers for 35 years is take the money and be done with it.

Cheers,

Dave

tony 340 likes this.
  8. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Yup, when I read about me being sued on FB because the lil prick filing suit was mouthing off about it, I verified that on the Cherokee County clerks site. Lo and behold, there I was, named in a lawsuit.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Christ, what did you do now?

mastermind likes this.
  10. mastermind

Haha... no, just the original filing from Dick-puncher Cook over this bullshit lawsuit he filed against me, Sean and Ev.

My lawyer thought it was hilarious: “Why are you hiring me?”. Me: “I’m named in a law suit”. Him: “Have you been served yet?”. Me: “No”. Him: “How did you learn of this?”. Me: “His bullshit chest-pounding, ego-ridden, bat-shit crazy post on Facebook, then I looked at the county clerks page, and there it was.”. Him: “Got it. This is my retainer. We’re gonna have fun”.

11. mastermind

Anyway, to my original point: if you know the county it’s filed in, the county clerk is a treasure of information.