1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Vintage 1980s Race Bikes for Free Track Time, Lil Tally MONDAY

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by videojack, Nov 14, 2018.

1. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Charlie Young contacted me this morning to help round up V4, V5, V6 riderS who want to get a lot of track time in front of cameras, possible interview time, etc... See Instagram link below.

This event will be NEXT MONDAY, November 19th, Dry, Sun Shine, 59 degrees and a recently rain washed track.

Not my gig, just helping to spread the word for those who can make it.

I'll have my V4/AHRMA Vintage Superbike Lightweight bike there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqGd9vHA68R/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

HELP SPREAD THE WORD FOR LIKE BIKE RIDERS TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE RACING. LET'S GROW THE GRIDS!

2. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

If it was a weekend....I would go , This Coming Monday will be hard to round people up.... sounds like fun

videojack likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Pretty sweet. Wish I lived closer. I'll have the RD350 and the KZ650 ready to go for this coming season

videojack likes this.
  4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Let me see if I can get off work for this...any details on the video may help me plead my case for needing to be off work. lol

videojack likes this.
  5. videojack

Contact Derek Kimes via his Instagram posting.

6. 90kacoupe

I'll be there with the RZ as of now.

videojack likes this.
  7. videojack

I see you already posted on his Instagram link. Good Job!

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Have fun gents! I hope things work out well for all involved......I saw Derek saturday and hes looking forward to seeing you guys out there!

Say hello to Jesse Spade too...he will be riding dereks bike. Good guy.

I tried talking Derek into riding some himself.....he looks fully capable to me......get him hooked boys!!!! Talk him into riding some!!!

videojack likes this.
  9. videojack

Looks like I'm going to have to wish you all the best as well guy. Had a rim rupture as I was lacing up wider rims for the KZ440. Got filing to do on the next rim and I'll be working on it while ya'll have fun on the track.

10. 90kacoupe

I couldn't make it either. The RZ let me know on saturday that it wasn't up for a day at the track. It was ready for its winter rebuild. So instead of risking a catastrophic failure I had to bail.

11. videojack

Post on Derek's Instagram string to let him know?

12. 90kacoupe

I called him and let him know.

videojack likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jesse on the track? Interesting :D

14. CharlieY

Yeah, I thought so too. I dont know much about Jesses WERA history or past, but he speaks fondly of WERA, and last week was talking about building a "Clubman Legal" bike......I couldn't decide at the time if he was serious or using the "tounge-in-cheek-wera BBS-definition" of clubman:crackup:

Anyway, he will be riding a beast of a bike, turbo aircooled 750 I think....shaft drive, which I guess if you were going to run street gearing Tally would be the place.

Best of luck to Derek and Jesse:beer: .....sorry to hear Jack and 90kacoupe

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure he has any racing history, I met him getting some stuff done on the Jeeps over the years before he got into the bike modifications.

16. CharlieY

Ah, OK....do you roll on Jesse Spade wheels?:)

Yeah, he hooked up with Fuller somehow. I'm not certain but I'm guessing that's where Jesse's custom bike thing came from.

Hey, here may be another interesting connection....do you know David Loydd, Loydd brothers racing up in Alpheretta I think???? #10 AMA flattrack Ducati guy? .....anyhow, turns out he knows the subject of this thread Derek as well, probably Jesse too......he ran WERA from Ohio I think....Grattan....saw him saturday as well at Atlanta Motorcycle works. Middleton and I drug a bunch or parts up there for a "Swap Meet"....David Loydd speaks highly of WERA too.

Sean, you and Ev have touched alot of folks over the years.:bow:

Middleton had boxes of old Cycle News....David picked one up that had a list of all National AMA Pro Flattrack numbers for 1993 (I think).....there he was, #96....I enjoy talking to that guy....he rode a super sweet XR500 / Aprilla supermoto deal.

Ol' Ronnie Raven showed up too.....Bikeroni Tony who beat Bowie at GNF one year too....good crowd.:rock:

Only downside to the whole deal was hanging with Middleton :):Poke:

I hope things went good for Derek and Jesse today.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Davids name is familiar but that's about it, I'm horrible with names all in all. No Jesse wheels, that's more pimpin than I can afford although I did get to see some of the first ones. He was doing stuff for a 4x4 shop out of Roswell along with some really nice V8 swaps into Jeeps and then there is his CJ3 JeepRod :D

Glad people think well of WERA, that's all the boss lady and her influence on the rest of us.