1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For: Track Day Gear

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by mehsieh, Jun 17, 2019.

1. mehsieh

mehsieh New Member

Looking forward to my first track day next month but unfortunately the venue won't have any rentals available.

Need the following:
    - 2 Piece Track Suit (ideally so I can ride the jacket on the street as well)
    I'm 5' 10", 165lbs so I'm assuming I'll need something around 40/50. Will try on a few brands in store later this week so shoot me what you got.

- Gauntlet Gloves (~ M/L on Alpinestars)
    - Maybe Boots (size 43 on Forma)

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

From someone who started with a 2-pc setup, just get a 1-pc and be done with it. The faster classes don’t allow for 2-pc suits, anyway. Purchase for where you’re headed; not where you’re at. It’ll save you money.

STG offer a RST 1-pc suit for $400. That’s a great value.

Get yourself quality back and chest protectors, like those from Knox. You’ll need to allow for sizing to accommodate those items.

Buy only new or near-new gloves, as they will stretch to fit. You don’t want to end up with something a gorilla wore and stretched.

Boots are like gloves, in that there are so many different ways they can fit different. You really need to try on boots, before buying.

Will9465 and TurboBlew like this.
  3. mehsieh

mehsieh New Member

For sure on the gloves and boots. I'm planning on trying on the major brands and hopefully finding something that is near new. I'm definitely set on the 2 piece suit since I need something more robust for street riding anyways. I decided that once I start doing track days more frequently, I'll make the plunge for a high quality suit.

4. jbammin

jbammin Well-Known Member

I got some A* track pants that are size 36. Maybe you could get them tailored down to a 32?

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Foot width is the big bug-a-boo with boots. Sidi's tend to be more narrow than A-stars. As always when it comes to safety gear you get what you pay for. As been said many times...You got a $10 dollar head? Buy a $10 dollar helmet.

6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I will sell you a set of Cortech race boots, Blk/Red in color, size 43 that I bought from STG and wore 2X for $50 + shipping.

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I've got a 2pc A* suit. Pants 36, jacket 46 US. I also have a Forcefield combination back/chest protector. For your stated size, this combination may fit you. Pants and protector have never been worn outside the house. Tried on and that's it. Jacket has been worn on a very few street rides (less than 5).
    However, this jacket is not perforated, and will be hot in summer temps as it's black leather.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM

8. Robbie Bright

Robbie Bright Active Member

I've got the entire package you're looking for. If interested please respond and I will send pictures.

9. mehsieh

mehsieh New Member

messaged

interested in the protector. pm'd

10. Robbie Bright

Robbie Bright Active Member

Sorry, I'm out of town and unavailable.