1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for honest feedback on my new art website.

Discussion in 'General' started by Disco, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Hi guys. I am about to launch my new motorcycle art website and I wanted to get some honest feedback about the site. I am not an expert in website design and development and would really appreciate if you guys could just let me know what you like about it, what you don't like and if you may have any suggestions about how I can improve it.

I am trying to start a new career in doing motorcycle racing art so its important to me that my website works well.

Here is the link: http://corsadesigns.com/

Thank you!

Diego

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

blue text on black background is difficult to read.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Honest opinion?

I like it. I don't let JavaScript run on my phone and the page loads fast and the images are all there with a clean layout.

Others with a deeper understanding of the nuts and bolts under the skin will surely chime in, but I'm impressed. :)

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Looking good. Best of luck to ya.

5. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Thanks, where are you seeing that?
    Thank you. My intention is to have a clean layout.

One thing I still need to do is revise my newsletter subscription form to be more attractive. It's pretty dull as it is now IMO.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

on the opening page, menu at left...at least on my computer in both internet explorer and chrome.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Looks great. Big points for not doing a Facebook only site, that's an instant killer for me.

Metalhead and BigBird like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honest opinion and no sugar coating? Okay, I don't hate it. The follow me and social media shit is a bit big and takes up a bunch of space but that's trivial.

I actually kind of like it.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm not seeing a menu on the left in blue, could you possibly screenshot?
    Thank you for your honest opinion. I did want the social media icons noticeable.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

This coming from Dave K is a glowing endorsement.

11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I would love a 3' x 5' poster of "Let's Do This" for my garage! That is freaking awesome!!

12. Looks great on a phone! Loads fast and is easy to navigate.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Looks great maybe less first person language. "Welcome to my website" sounds less than professional and ignores what ever brand image you are trying to present.....

Welcome them to your brand then introduce yourself as the artist behind the brand

CK from NC likes this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I liked the friendly, homey stuff, it feels less like a store and more like a shared adventure.
    As a person with older eyes, I appreciated the clean, large fonts, no text over pictures, no busy stuff.
    It looks smart but not slick, which is a plus to me.
    And your price range is very good, not out of reach for the average guy.
    I liked it a lot.

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah don't get me wrong he asked for criticism and that's all I could come up with it's a great site

16. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I went back and fourth a bit on making Corsa Designs a brand, or keeping it personal and ultimately I went with personal because it is MY art, it is very personal and I don't want the site to feel like just a faceless commercial business. As In Your Corner put it, it is like a shared adventure (I like that).

I made a couple changes on the site and am leaving it as is for now so I can launch my prints and get back to making more art :)

Thank you. I sold that original painting before I could get a proper high res photo of it so unfortunately I can't make prints of that one. A lot of people like it so I will make another portrait with his 2016 helmet.

17. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Sweet. Let me know when it's available.....I seriously want a 3' x 5' poster of it.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

All I can say is that...I'm ready to order...take my damn money already!!!!

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I really like the layout and the "personal" feel. I would suggest making your bio first person instead of third person to continue the theme. Your blog is fun, we;;l written, and I enjoy the personal feel, so I think the bio would do well to be from you about you, like the rest of the site. Sell yourself!

Great job, I'm really digging your work and I'd consider buying an original at some point. I might even sign up for the social stuff just to get updates, and that's saying something.

Good luck!

20. jlogalbo

jlogalbo Well-Known Member

Like the site..easy to navigate.

make sure to update this thread when it is live and ready to order!