1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for FZR400 pistons/rings

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fireman343, Sep 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

I’d like to try and keep my FZR a 400 and not a 490 or something crazy. Mine has a 1mm over bore on it now, so looking for pistons or even just rings to do a top end on it. I’ve searched and searched and found nothing. Anyone have anything ornknow of anyone that has some collecting dust?
    Let me know. Thanks

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty sure I've got a full set but I also believe that they're standard bore.

3. fireman343

Well, I’m sure I can find a standard bore jug around somewhere. Hit me up with how much you want if you were wanting to sell them.. [email protected]
    Thanks

4. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Yea... 1mm over rings are like looking for a unicorn.
    I searched for weeks before I located a,new old stock set....

5. rd400racer

This might sound goofy but bear with me...I've gone through a ridiculous number of motorcycles over the years and bought spare parts for most of them. I need to make sure these are FZR400 first. Pretty sure they are. I'll do some checking this weekend. I think I have other engine parts too, such as crank and cams.

6. fireman343

Sounds good thanks for the update.

7. fireman343

I’ve been searching for years, and I’ve even talked to Cosworth and they can make a set, but two big problems with that. 1) they are $1000+ for a set of pistons 2) they needed a minimum of 10 orders to make it “worth while”.

8. rd400racer

OK, it is all 1WG stuff. I have a complete set including rod and piston with all rings, and for some reason 4 rods. I measured the piston with a micrometer and the piston was 55.63mm. What size that is is beyond me. I'll take pictures of all this stuff and post it up Monday.

I also just found a cylinder head in good shape, two cams and a complete crank with rods attached. Amazing what you find when you start cleaning shelves.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    ToofPic and fireman343 like this.
  9. fireman343

Email me at:[email protected] with pics and price. Thanks for checking.