1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for FZR400 Experts

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by OWO1, Sep 1, 2016.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hmmm a zx7??? Any year in particular?

2. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

91/95 is what we had on all my customer built 565/560 etc... Fit well, NEVER had any issues with heat.

3. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I put a 03/04 Kawi ZX636 on my 1WG model FZR

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I installed an early GSXR curved rad on my 600. Welded a couple of tabs onto the side, then a collection of fittings and elbows to connect hoses. It fit perfectly with first gen YZF600 bodywork.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Steve and his team at Speedwerks delivered the bike yesterday and must say I'm very impressed with their efforts. They know these 400's and 250's better than anyone I've met and truly have a passion for these little rockets. They are able to source parts and make things work that would have brought other project builds to a halt. The bike now has 4 miles on it & it was my 1st time on a 400 (with FCR's and a ram-air box), it was 4 miles of pure smiles.

Thanks for the recommendation beeb.

Attached Files:

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Aaaahhh! That was yours at the shop. I saw that awhile back earlier in summer and was drooling all over it. Very nice!!! Have fun on it!!!:beer:

7. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

I’ve got a ZX7R radiator on mine and it never gets hot!

Attached Files:

8. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I rode a 3TJ RR-SP for a little while.
    I worked at the leading Yamaha dealer in Denmark at the time and for our race team we ordered a reverse cylinder TZR 250SP and the RR-SP to see which was the best race bike to beat the dominating slew of Kawasaki KR1-S at the time.
    We ended up racing exactly none of these bikes as they didn't really work and we couldn't get the right parts.
    Both were turned back to street bikes and sold.
    That's when I rode the 400. I never got to ride the TZR as it wouldn't run 30 minutes after a rebuild before seizing...

Later I raced an FZR 400 but an earlier model 3EN. I thought the oval stainless muffler with EXUP stamped into it was the coolest thing... :D