1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a team, I am a French rider spending some stays in USA

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Rossinante, May 12, 2013.

1. Rossinante

Rossinante New Member

Hello,

My name is Régis Poiteau and I am looking for an Endurance motorcycle team.

A few words about me :
    I an a French rider, 52 yo (not so old:) , despite I started to race at 36yo I have a certain experience in motorcycle racing. For instance as team owner, manager and main rider I have been second in 2001 French Endurance Championship and raced the Bol d'Or. After some health troubles in y2k's I rebegan to race 3 years ago accross Europe in sprint and endurance races. In 2012, I have been able to finish 5th in Germany Pirelli Cup final ranking (1000 Stocksport) and 8th at the 24 Hours of Barcelona (scratch ranking) (1st in senior class!).

What I am looking for :
    I plan to have some journeys in USA in 2013 and 2014 and I will be very happy to do one or two Endurance races as a rider of an existing team. Of course, I have money to bring as a part of the budget.
    In order to achieve this, I would like to meet a team able to support me within the specific US rules and WERA administration (race licence, insurance, race rules...) because I guess the US habits are quite different from the european ones.

Hope this short presentation have any interest to you.

And thank you for reading my basic english.
    Note : I know the english racing and technical words and it would be easy to be understood each other.

Régis

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Welcome and good luck.

3. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

Great 1st post!!!

Any idea what races you are able to attend?

Good luck!

4. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

Mon équipe est complète pour cette année. Si tu va a une des courses d’endurance de WERA, viens donc nous voir: Team Coyote GSX-R600 rouge, no. 350.
    Bonne chance.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I need to get Evelyne to respond too :D

6. Rossinante

Rossinante New Member

AFORREST4, I do not have any idea about races type I woulf like to do because I do not know the US races. Any type of Endurance races are fine to me, 4, 8 or 24 hours. I don't care the level of these races, my objective is to mix fun and discovery of US racing. I did and do that in European countries and I enjoy it. From your Atlantic side point of view, maybe, Europe is homogeneous regarding the way of racing but it is not at all and I like very much this diversity. I am keen and curious to feel myself this difference within US racing.

I would like to do 1 or 2 races in 2013 or 2014 to feel this US racing then do 2 to 4 races with a team the year after.

mperussault, Es tu français? bien sûr, si je suis sur une course WERA je passerai vous voir! Avez vous un site intenet?