1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a CB350 for this year

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Samantha Hittie, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Last time I raced was 2014 and my bike has since been stripped for parts, due in part to a bad frame. I'm not looking to completely build a bike this year, but I'm not entirely opposed to it either. I just need a place to start- I was hoping someone on here would be selling something I could race in vintage this year- CB350 or otherwise. I'm open to all recommendations on how to get the ball rolling. Please and thank you! I'm located in York County, Pennsylvania.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Why not keep it simple and go with something like a 1st gen ex250. Lotsa racing in both orgs for you in your region on that bike..Use it in vintage and modern classes.

3. Danny boy

Danny boy Member

I got a cb 350 ready for 350 gp needs gas text if interested 843 227 3261 I'll be at Roebling Road feb 25 weekend for ahrma

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Is there competition for the 16" wheel EX250?

5. britx303

Yes...... 17" wheeled ex250's:D But seriously,it can run in V5 to scratch the vintage itch,clubman,FSS with WERA and 4 or more classes at CCS. Not bad all things concidered just to get a cheap "push button and go" racer to get back out there simply.

rk97 likes this.
  6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey Sam, it'll be good to see you back on the grid. What was wrong with your frame? I remember you banging it around some, was it bent?

I've still got that 450 drum that I gave Bucky for you, if that helps, its yours.

Mike Hutchinson (Poundpuppyracing on here) has a bike that has been sitting.

Hey Danny, which one?....one of Jamies?

Good luck.....say hey to Bucky.

7. Thank you! I will show this to Bucky and see what he thinks we should do. He thinks someone down in Atlanta has a bike I may be able to use.

8. Hey I'll reach out to you this weekend! Thank you so much!

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I assumed tire options made the 16" wheel model kind of obsolete.

I never considered running it in vintage classes rather than against the newer 250s

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The newer ex250s run in V5 as well (it's not too difficult or expensive to convert the older ones to 17" wheels).

11. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

How about some sweet little baby ducks ....

12. britx303

I just realised I mistook her asking for recommendations as in other bikes......:p Sorry to the OP. Good luck with the CB

13. britx303

Yeah,nothing out there thats "AWESOME".....but some "Okay-ish" tires.

14. hey I know I'm sounding like a lost kid here, but I am also in need of a pair of leathers, as the pair I have absolutely do not fit. however, if you know a very skinny 13 year old guy in need of a one piece suit, let him know I have a pair I can sell him.[​IMG]

15. joec

joec brace yourself

I was going to say you should talk to Bucky, then realized.....

yamageezer likes this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

Like I said....talk to Bucky. Haha.

17. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Good luck Sam, hope to see you at the track.

So.... I'm doing my 400 mile commute, listening to some jams, and thought about Mr. Clancy listening to this.....

"I'm the J-O-E to the C, ho. Call me Joe C, got more game than Coleco"

joec likes this.
  18. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

The Potomac Vintage Riders Swap meet is in York this weekend. Vendor spots sold out well in advance so should be lots of good stuff. Short day 8-3:30 on Sunday. Good stuff goes early.
    I'll be there for sure. I go up Saturday as much of the cool stuff gets grabbed in the parking lot during vendor set up. My truck has my name on it (contractor). Probably have a red vintage Triumph in the back with my cell # as I missed a vendor spot by a couple of days. Hope to sell the Triumph to help with a vintage effort for me this year.

19. grady anderson

IMG_3655.JPG

20. grady anderson

I have this CL175 which would make a very good AHRMA race bike though I don't think WERA has a class for them. You could have it for next to nothing and I could bring it to York.
    Let me know.