1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for '12-16 CBR1000RR racing intake ducts

Discussion in 'Tech' started by matt2491, Sep 5, 2020.

1. matt2491

matt2491 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can find aftermarket intake ducts for '12-16 CBR1000RR? Trying to lose all the emissions junk and clean up the clutter in the nose of the bike. I see places overseas that have em, but wondering where I can find em stateside.

honda_cbr1000rr_2008_air_ducts_racing___77401.1443477411.jpg

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what emssions stuff? you talking about the intake noise baffles?

3. matt2491

matt2491 Well-Known Member

Yea there are flapper valves and solenoids and stuff in the stock ducts to meet EPA regs or something. I could just gut the stockers but want to see whats out there.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

There's no love for that bike in the US. Pro-Fiber, out of Slovenia.

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Removing the stuff takes all of 20min.

6. fastfreddie

No need for them bends, pockets and resonation chambered shapes without the guts to utilize 'em.
    It's just ugly...and ugly is slow. :D

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

My lap times prove this is true.

8. fastfreddie

That's why I, too, am looking for runners for my CBR. :D

Actually, I know where I'm gettin' 'em...just have to come up with $213 plus shipping, from Slovenia. It's nice stuff, tho'. I have their whole body kit...really inexpensive compared to Sharkskinz, but Sharkskinz don't make any for '12+.
    Yeah, I know the '08-'11 Sharksinz stuff fits but for the money ($590?) and Kevlar reinforced mounting points, plus being right down the road from Akrapovic, Pro-Fiber gotta be some fast glas. ;)
    The runners are $$$ cuz they're carbon.
    FWIW, the whole body shipped for $50.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I was thinking about this... because way back when on the hayabusa & zx12 the intake runners were not ideally situated. On the ZX12s we were lucky to have a guy that fabricated NASCAR bodies do a run of larger intake snorkels.
    They were $600 at the time... but worth 3-4mph at the maxton mile and worth 1-2 mph in the 1/4 on a stock motor. Part of it was how far it extended & the shape of the bellmouth. Almost looked like it had 2 fangs on the bottom.
    One racer had pressure sensors inside the frame and was seeing pressures slightly above ambient measured in millibars, at speeds over 100mph.. A couple of dyno guys were able to reproduce that same condition. The intake noise was dramatically louder.
    The busa wasnt as starved for air... but simple intake track sealing with cut up motorcycle tubes, removal of the screens, & the snorkel extender were worth some mph on modified engines.