1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Way Up

Discussion in 'General' started by aftriathlete, Sep 20, 2020.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

The whole thing is a go green/electric PSA. And it really make me not want an electric bike.

Long Way Round was soooo much better.

ducnut likes this.
  2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Episode 10 was a turd.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

23103a and aftriathlete like this.
  3. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s bad. There’s no real drama or hardship, and now they’re buying a bus to put their bikes in for half of their trip across Mexico. All the human interest stuff is just falling flat on its face this time around, all the UNICEF stuff and the forest conservation stuff and the...ahem... transvestite tailor stuff like was in this last episode. I’m still gonna finish it out because any moto content is better than no moto content. But this one doesn’t push the same buttons as Long Way Round and Down did.

Gixxerguy855 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Yeah. I get the sense that a lot more stuff is going on in the background that we don't know about. They touched on the fact that they are starting to get recognized everywhere.

The electric bike thing doesn't bother me. They knew it was going to be difficult and people like to add drama to their lives/trips to make it more of an adventure (see fly fishing for an example). I haven't noticed them pushing an agenda other than saying electric vehicles are probably the future. We already knew that.

My wife and I did watch Long Way Round all the way through again. It's a masterpiece. Seriously.

Rebel635 likes this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

You really think that? Seems to me that the show is a reality check for the EV movement.

I give Ewan, Charlie, and the producers a ton of credit for being forthcoming with the challenges. If this shit was on Discovery, you can bet the footage of the diesel generator charging the bikes multiple times would have been cut. It's a good reminder of how good electrics have become, and how far they have to go.

SteveThompson and evakat like this.
  6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

The Rivian guy....he’s the real MVP. That dude eyeballed and knew exactly what that diesel bus needed, how to fix it, no fuss no muss.

An engineers mind with their the engineers need for perfection and over complication.

younglion likes this.
  7. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

I’m not sure I can be bothered to finish it. This episode had, what, 3 minutes of them on the bikes? No thanks..

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

I was about to sign up for the 1 week free trial of Apple TV, but I will save it for another day.

thanks for the insights

CRA_Fizzer likes this.