1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Range Shooting Rifle Options

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

The sky is blue.

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

just admit you were wrong dude! jesus christo. you dont like the black guns, we get it. lots of people do and the market is huge for precision ones. sorry you hadnt kept up with that growing market segment.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Keep us up to date on the coyote killing as I have them trying to get more of my animals too.

Attached Files:

5. One on right I got, buddy got other two. That gun is nice and the night vision is titties. I’ll have to upload the video from it.

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Hunting at night can get tough when it gets slow cause you can’t see a damn thing unless you are in the scope. It’s also hard for me to stay in one place because it’s so easy to jump up and check another field reeallll quick, then another and another and another!

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I did, and apologized...and now you're making the same error of assumption.

No need to keep my ears to the ground...when/if it's time for something new, I'll have my ears so tuned I'll hear a grasshopper fart.
    As it is, I have a small, humble collection that, yes, includes a couple ARs...no hate here.

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

How will you discard them?

9. Through the digestive system of their family members.

speedluvn likes this.
  10. Steak Travis

Took the bergara out to 500 today. The 600-1200 range was blocked off by flooding but the short 6.5 was great. Nx8 tracked as it should and was easily able to spot shots at 500. MOAR reticle worked as advertised too. Very happy with the nx8. Now I just need to remind myself that the stock is fine and there is no need to drop $700 on a manners just because I think they look cool.

jrsamples likes this.
  11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Yep, my buddy with the same problem I have x10 (cattle farmer) tries to wound them so they make it back to the den and die there.

Sounds terrible but fuck coyotes.

12. If they will eat each other and I can use that to get more than so be it. If I was done hunting for a while I’d bring them to the fertilizer plant as I don’t want to feed the beast but it’s good bait for now. They are GONE, can’t find and haven’t looked too hard where they took them to. I will probably go out tonight before rain hits about 3-4am. Low is 55 so I can hunt in my camo speedo. If I don’t kill em with bullets the shear sight of me in a speedo will :)

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'll take coyotes over deer, ground hogs, skunks, raccoons, the neighbor's yapper, oh, and bear any day or night.
    They do me a service when they visit...and I like their chorus. :D

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I bought a night vision scope.

Gonna try it on a Cross bow

How close did they come in? They were under 40 yards a couple Sundays ago in the afternoon.

15. Steak Travis

Just ordered an atlas cal 2. Freakin snipershide will make you think you need top of the line everything. Definitely don’t need it but I want it!

16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

that place is the debil. custom action or go home. not a $4k optic on your 22lr trainer? ghetto.

I'm eying the MDT Ckye-pod, will check them out next week at SHOT, supposedly they've made some changes.

17. Steak Travis

The scopes they put on 22's is absolutely ridiculous. It has been a good place to get deals on stuff though. I feel like it's like that South Park episode about the yelpers when I say.." I saw your post on snipers hide about calling in for pricing"

I'll be in Vegas for world of concrete. sux cause shot show used to be around the same time

18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

next week. if you are out there PM me, we could meet for a beer (two other racing/riding buddies will be with me) if you are there. we'll be there Sunday thru Saturday (19-25).

19. Steak Travis

Damn I'm there just after Feb 4-7

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

After a lot of testing, I finally found a load for my 7-08 that I feel I can really trust. Last fall, the best I found was shooting Berger 168 VLD Hunting bullets in front of 39.5gr of H4895. An unusual load for that caliber, but it worked pretty well.
    I have done some more testing and found the 140 Berger VLD Hunting with 43gr of N-150 shoots fantastic. 2930fps and great accuracy. Shot this 3 shot group the other night @600 yards. I didn't dial for wind and the shots were spaced a minute or two apart, to keep the barrel cool. Screenshot_20200331-181632.png

That X ring is 6", so that waterline is under an inch in height.

lizard84 and Steak Travis like this.