1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living in Michigan

Discussion in 'General' started by rowe748, Sep 26, 2018.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I go every year . Had a few buddies and one of their girlfriends signed up to race , we are all up in Northport.. " just the tip" of Leelanau county. One of them placed 3rd in his class after only one run up hill . Oil pressure issues !
    1973 - 401 v8 Gremlin X . :clap::beer:

t11ravis likes this.
  2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Oh hell yes!
    Post a pic.

lee955i likes this.
  3. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

My opinion.

The best parts of Michigan are the airports that fly you out of that god forsaken place.

You couldn’t pay me enough money to live north of the Mackinaw Bridge.

Although I do still own 40 acres of land near Charlevoix.

XFBO likes this.
  4. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

I'm of the mindset that if it's cold I'd prefer there be snow, so I'm ok with that. The flat as a pancake part is probably what worries me the most. I really enjoy heading up into the Catskills etc on the bike, so losing that (relative) mountainous terrain to ride through is going to be tough, I think.

5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

North West MI has some phenomonial roads and some very hilly terrain. Most of the auto mags shoot up that way pretty routinely.

LisaU and BigBird like this.
  6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

There’s a name ya don’t see too often around here.

I’d say you live in “Rich Horse Owners Disguised as Poor Horse Owners/Poor Horse Owners Disguised as Rich Horse Owners” country.

‘Sup Shawn??

:D :D :D

7. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

Not too much. Just living the dream.

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

At one point this was a consideration. Does your mom plan to RV full time, alone?

9. t11ravis

Yep.
    She's a legit hippie so living in a van isn't anything new to her. :crackup:

10. t11ravis

Exactly. Definitely not flat up there.

11. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

i skipped about half of the comments. Grand rapids and surrounding areas has a nice mix of needs. Micro breweries are everywhere. i live in a tiny village of 1300 people right of the express way. within 45 minutes i can be down town grand rapids. to go to a concert or a good dinner. Lowell,Ada areas have a lot to offer and are only 20 minutes from grand rapids airport or grattan .

LisaU likes this.
  12. rwdfun

rwdfun

Yeah a regular $hit hole. Who'd want to live there? :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. motoracer1100

Ok , my guess is first picture is Good Harbour Bay , and second looks like it was taken on Alligator hill trail or maybe Pierce Stocking trail :D

t11ravis likes this.
  14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I spent most of my life in Michigan and people seriously underestimate how beautiful it can be in the summer. But I moved away because I can't stand this.

[​IMG]

15. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fixed that for you :D

17. t11ravis

We used to run Pierce Stocking for Cross county practice.

18. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Michigan is an outdoorsman’s PARADISE. Half my family is in the Owosso area. Lived with my grandparents there when my dad was in Vietnam for 4 years. Visit often. Had a cabin on Higgins Lake.
    Stunning.

t11ravis likes this.
  19. motoracer1100

Yeah , I'm tired of the Snow also ... that's why I've come up with the perfect compromise.
    7 months right on Lake Michigan for the summer ... 5 months on the Gulf in west central Florida for the winter . I don't even have to own long pants anymore :beer:

20. t11ravis

You’re doing it right!