1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living abroad

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jun 29, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hate E

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

There's alot of shady areas in the pictures for critters to seek refuge from the sun.

3. caferace

caferace No.

We basically "hold" the high ground on this side if the valley. I can see a lot of ground, and have a contact on the road on the flat with shortwave radio. I plan ahead. Not looking to do anything besides live well. But I do watch my back, and sleep with a machete next to my bed. Just for fun. ;)

This property is NOT easy to get to, even though it's a mere ten minutes from downtown. Convoluted route. Two locked gates.

-jim

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Ahh yes, the cartels. When I was riding the Multi around Mexico, the first question people asked was "Aren't you afraid of the cartels?".

So one day I came across this horrific semi rollover, so I took a picture and sent it out on Snapchat. I captioned it, "Cartels wars blocking the road again." An unreasonable number of people called and texted to make sure I was okay and hear the harrowing tale. Just jokes people...

Attached Files:

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I remember you are opening up a rental business.

So what's the story on how you guys ended up on this piece of land?

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Jim, you know Fear the Walking Dead is only a TV show, right? Like, not a documentary...

Y'all don't go out on raid parties, looking to siphon gas and shit, do you?

caferace likes this.
  7. caferace

caferace No.

There's plenty of critters. No doubt. I've come across them. I apparently slept with a sorrpion (not an analogy) for a couple of nights. Little guy, just didn't know he was there until I got serious about shaking out the blanket.

It us what it is. And it totally doesn't suck. :)

-jim

8. caferace

caferace No.

Buddy picked it up two years ago for seriously cheap. Price has skyrocketed since. Not selling. Building.

-jim

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Did you see the final scene of Goodfellas? Sound similar :rolleyes:

caferace likes this.
  10. caferace

caferace No.

Nope. I'm the guy that hangs back with arifle and watches the pack die off. :D

-jim

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

PR kind of sucks.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, someone mentioned Brazil. That person is an idiot! :D

Cost of living is quite high there. An apartment is expensive to buy, expensive to rent and if you want a car there (I'd tell you not to drive there but there's no telling some of you a damn thing :D ) a high end civic can cost you $50K plus.

and then there's getting f@cked up by the cops and thieves.

"Well Dave, what do you know? You never lived there!" I saw the cops bust heads a few times while there. Once they dragged a thief into an alley and only the cops came out 10 minutes later.

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Mongolia looks nice.

14. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I'm strongly against Brazil, some friends of mine are from Brazil and they have no intention of going back other than to visit the family who refuses to leave.

I say you move to some Spanish city on the Mediterranean coast and get hired to organized fruit pyramids at the local market.

Gorilla George and caferace like this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Damn, I love Brazil. Belo Horizonte is the coolest city ever. I've driven a rental car all over Rio and in the country to Belo. Really no big deal, although I was lost in Rio once looking for an ATM to pay the new toll road and was in some pretty sketch neighborhoods... the kind you don't stop at the intersections :D

16. It all depends on where you go. Yeah, if you want to live on the beach of Ipanema or Copacabana, or in the middle of Rio or Sau Paulo, it is expensive.

But there are some other places that are good and not as expensive. Vitoria is nice.

17. caferace

caferace No.

Alto signs here in Cabo are kind of like standing yellow flags. Being on foot is a a lot like playing frogger. :crackup:

-jim

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I was going to hide out in Europe it most likely would be in Slovenia. People are great, love 'mericans, a ton of shit to do, the beer is <opinion here> better than in the DE and it's cheap. Only draw backs are the main airport is small so you'll be connecting some place and there are some stupid traffic laws meant to separate you from cash (and you pay the ticket right there, in cash). Oh, pronouncing street names and towns properly requires you to be half drunk.

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hate to break it to you Jim, but shit doesn't really burn. Paper yes; human feces not so good. I'd dig a big hole and build a nice seat and get some powdered lime or calcite, and that should last you a month.
    And seek out the Bohemia if you like hops.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Jim, be careful when you lay down in your shack. Dits is planning on shitting in your fort.