1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lighting at Gateway

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by JBall, May 30, 2000.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Does anyone know what the lighting is like at Gateway at 11:00 PM? Do I need to dig out my stock fairing and headlight or keep my tinted shield on from the daytime?

Any Info would be appreciated.

2. 13x

13x 13x.com

I've never seen it but I would assume you will at least need lights. I'm hoping this is not going to be lit up like the superbowl. It would defeat the purpose of a night race.

Sean? Comments?

I'm getting lost in the memory of campfire smoke drifting across the back straight of nelsons, the drone of a large deisel generator and the single light over the front straight... bikes lost in the swamps...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're going to have it lit well enough that headlights won't be needed. You will be allowed to run them as well as taillights if you want to bring them along just in case but with the track lights on and the 6 towers we have coming it'll be plenty bright.

4. chris semoff

chris semoff Well-Known Member

just follow szarek he will have a red light on his left bicep!!

5. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

Is this true? Just wanted to confirm that there will be lights.

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I thought the purpose of a night race at Gateway was because it will be 102 degrees and 109% humidity during the day. It goes down too about 90 at night and the humidity actually goes up, but at least the sun is not blasting down.

7. WERA

WERA Administrator

Yes it's true. The whole place will be lit well enough that you won't need lights on the bikes although we will allow them since it would be a good test for lighting sytems for the 24.