1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightened GSXR Rear Rotors - $70 shipped

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by jcivince, Feb 6, 2016.

1. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Hello - Been out of it for a while but back to machining GSXR rear rotors again. I buy used stock rear rotors, check them for flat, if OK then machine them to lighten them up. There's an older thread of mine here if you want to take a look - quite a few pleased customers. For an older GSXR (2000-2003 version), you lose 1.19 pounds. On the 2004-present versions, you lose 0.805 pounds. These should fit 2001-2015 GSXR600, 2000-2015 GSXR750, and 2001-2015 GSXR1000. Price is up a little to $70 shipped to the lower 48 states for the standard cut rotor. I can ship outside the lower 48 but it will be more $$ (send me your address and I'll get a shipping quote). Paypal works fine for me. I also have an arrowhead version that's $90 (more machine time and tool change).

Just a note that these rotors reduce rear brake capability by A LOT! Anything over 25 or 30mph and you basically cannot lock up the rear wheel. If you tend to use your rear brake a lot, especially on the street, I definitely DO NOT recommend you buy one. They also produce a pulsing feel when you do use the rear brake. I don't want anyone to be surprised when/if they buy and use one of these on their bike. If this is any way concerns you, please do us both a favor and don't buy one from me.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. jcivince

And here is a $90 arrowhead

Attached Files:

Mran556 likes this.
  3. jcivince

Sorry, I also check them for minimum thickness per Suzuki spec.

4. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Any chance you could do an R6 rotor???

5. jcivince

Sorry but only GSXR's.

K51000 likes this.
  6. jcivince

Bump to the top...

7. pmaf1

pmaf1 Member

So do I send you a rotor or do I just order one straight out from you?? Thanks

Tonyp425 likes this.
  8. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Just buy them from him, he has them ready to ship. I'm sure he could take yours and machine it as well.

9. jcivince

Easiest would be to just buy one. I have a number of them all done (too many really - sitting on a lot of inventory)

To machine yours, you need to ship it to me and I then need 4 other rotors/customers sending me their rotors to make it worth it for machine set up time (have to do a minimum of 5 at a time or I end up losing money).

10. pmaf1

pmaf1 Member

Nice. I will get the standard cut from you. Paypal info. Im in Poway, CA. 92064. 2006 K1. Thanks

11. jcivince

PM sent!

12. jcivince

Bump back up...

13. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member

I know you only do GSX-R rotors right now, but if you'd ever be interested in carving out an R3 rear rotor, let me know. I know a couple of us that'd be interested.

14. jcivince

Understood - Doing some investigation.

Stettnichs likes this.
  15. Stettnichs

Great! Keep us posted with what you come up with.

16. jcivince

Quick look shows not a lot of used ones available. Would need to line up receiving customer rotors - as many as possible (try to do at least 5 per machine set up).

17. Stettnichs

I will see what I can get lined up. So essentially you would need 5 R3 rear rotors for you to get a template setup? Or do you just want at least 5 orders before it's worth your time to set the machine up?

18. jcivince

Kind of both - I wouldn't want to make the holding fixture and do the programming without knowing that there'd be some rotors to cut. The more that could be lined up the better...

19. jcivince

Bump back to the top...

20. jcivince

Weekly bump...