1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life is fleeting... lost my cousin today

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Nov 20, 2016.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Life is short, and sometimes cruelly unfair. DD and I grew up together, and played baseball with and against each other for many years. Only 40 years old. His parents, siblings, and family are devastated.

And I can't make sense of any of it.

Dude was awesome. Truly a kind soul, and forever with a smile on his face. I feel terrible for his coworkers in Savannah. They were like family to him. Those of you in the Savannah area my know him.

Rest easy, D. Till the next time...

http://www.wtoc.com/story/33754403/wtoc-morning-anchor-don-logana-passes-away

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Prayers for family and friends.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Very sorry. No time is a good time, but dang, just before the holidays.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

What a drag. Sorry for you..shit time of year for that.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Sorry man. Prayers for your family

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

7. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Sorry for your loss.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Prayers. RIP.

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Life is strange. I grew up with my best friend, we did everything together. We graduated high school and would look at each other and laugh knowing how many bullshit crazy fun situations we managed to survive. Decided to go to Culinary School together. Drove 50 miles each way every day together for almost 1 1/2 years. He was killed in a car accident and took that drive alone everyday for the next 6 months. I was so lost. Like anything else in life (thank god) your brain has a way of forgetting the bad things and remembering the good things. But I KNOW for a fact it had a huge impact subconsciously on how I view life. I can make decent money cooking on a yacht but instead of doing the responsible American thing, of saving money, buying a house with a white picket fence, and when you turn 65/ or for me 68 sit back and live the good life and go on a cruise. I take at least 4 months off a year and travel the world to live my dreams because you never know when the ride ends. In Paracas, Peru now, went kiteboarding yesterday and ran into a completely unexpected flock of Flamingos and just laughed. After my friend died when I lost all hope in life, Never all my wildest dreams would I have ever thought 17 years later I would be in Peru kiteboarding with Flamingos. Or for that matter racing motorcycles which was only a dream when he was still alive. It really sucks death but it should give everyone a little kick in the ass reminder to appreciate the time you have here! Enjoy you friends, family, and LIFE, or whats the point on this crazy planet???

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Rest In Peace cousin

11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Perspective.

Thanks man.

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Embrace life. Everyday...

Jesus this sucks.

Thanks guys...

13. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Prayer sent

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Godspeed to your friend, condolences to his family/friends....life can really suck at times....:(

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You sir, are doing it right. All the best going forward.

RIP, Don.

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Thanks, never really like to talk about it much. Hope the op is ok. Good luck, stay strong

17. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss....

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I feel for you. I went through the same feelings when I lost my brother in law and riding partner. It does get easier with time but every time I ride I think about him.

20. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

my sincere condolences to his fam/friends

RIP