1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

License questions

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by jesse v, Jan 9, 2018.

1. jesse v

jesse v Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Introductions first: I've raced my 2nd gen SV for the past 2 years with the CRA at Brainerd and Road America. I was bumped to expert for 2018. However, the wife and I just moved from South Dakota to Indiana so I'm looking into other clubs now.

I'm going to get a CCS license for sure, but I'm also interested in racing with WERA at Mid Ohio. I see in the rule book that other club licenses are accepted for WERA events, but CCS is not specifically mentioned, so I am assuming it is NOT accepted, correct?

If not, is there any option for a single event license?

Also, I'm having a little trouble deciphering what the Solo classes are. I'm gathering they are longer sprint races (16-20 laps) that do not pay points, but do pay cash, and "teams" aren't allowed--is this intended to give the little-guy-on-a-budget a chance? If so, I like it.

Thanks for your help!

Jesse VanderWeide

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Not sure on the CCS licnese, @Mongo will probably come answer that. Yes there is a single event license available.....not sure on price....but I think it is around $40, probably find that info on www,wera.com

Solo classes are awesome and like a mini endurance race or help prepare you for longer races at MotoAmerica. We primarily used that as another way to get some practice in for Sunday's sprint races. Sometimes my son would treat it as a race, he even won over around $125-150 as I recall at one event. Sometimes I would stand at pit wall and he would go out for 6-10 laps come in, and we would make a suspension change and then have him go back out.

They did have small payout when we started in 2009 but by 2011-2012, there was no longer any payout. Not sure if that has been reinstated, but it still is a really fun race.

Many of the events now are double headers with a full schedule of sprint races on both Saturday and Sunday. At those events, there will be no Solo classes.

3. jesse v

Thanks Rob.

Yes, I see that single event licenses are $40, if CCS is not recognized. Missed that earlier.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you only do Mid-O it's not an issue since it's a different event from normal. It's the AMA's event to benefit the museum so all current licenses are accepted. We do a weekend license for other events and if you've never raced with us before a yearly license is discounted $50. Also our licenses are good for 12 months from date of purchase, they don't expire December 31.

5. jesse v

Thanks!