1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGA takes the cake for worth POS airport....that is all

Discussion in 'General' started by Rebel635, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

As title states. What a shit show.....just nuke it from orbit and start again.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Logan? LaGhiarrdia? Lagos?

For those of us that fly maybe once every couple-few years.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Laguardia and yeap, sucks harder than Metalhead in an alley.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Isn't going through an upgrade phase? Supposed to be nice once it is complete.

https://www.anewlga.com/

Mind you, any traveling under 600 mi radius I drive.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

LGA blows

Coming home from Morocco we got stuck in LGA for 7 extra hours . North Africa and Spain were fine... delayed in Murica

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Interesting link...So they are specifically hiring MWOB (Minority/Women Owned Businesses). I wonder if I identify as a women (ie Trans or whatever) I would qualify? Once again the SJW have destroyed another Lib give away! I think I'm beginning to like all this identity sh*t.....:crackup:

7. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

As a pilot it use to be my favorite airport to fly in and out of. I hated and still hate Newark.

8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

:stupid:

9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

You never flew through MKE/Milwaukee.

First, the baggage check-in and claim are both in the basement. Then, if you transfer in MKE, you have the distinct possibility of having to go to another concourse. If you do, you have to go through security again, as they dump you out into the general lobby area. Very little has been updated since 1950. They put trashcans in front of the handicapped sinks, so those in wheelchairs have to do feats of strength if they want to wash their hands. The parking structure may have one or two spots left when you get there, out of six levels, but you can only go to odd or even levels once you get into the structure. You can't go from level 4 to 5. Only to 2 or 6. It's always fun when you get into the structure and start looking for a spot and panic sets in you are going to miss your flight because of the ramp. The moving sidewalks have one of four always down on repeat.

Milwaukee sucks all around. Their airport just reflects that.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Whatever fucking scareport in DC where you have to run across the tarmac to get from terminal to terminal. That’s the only one worse than TF Green that I’ve been through. Sucked worse than The Ramones covering The Clash trying to drag a 5yr old through that shitshow to catch our connecting flight.

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

LaGuardia is indeed a mess these days. They are about 1/2 way through a total rebuild of the airport, in place while still maintaining flight schedules. One of the new gate areas is open, and it's OK. The rest is a mess. The rebuild is supposed to be complete in 2021.

I lived through the reconstruction of Midway in the late 1990's It also was a mess during the rebuild, and at that point I flew weekly at a minimum. It came out OK, and is much better than O'Hare.

BigBird likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I could have told you that. LGA is the 2nd closest airport to me and I haven't flown threw there since 2004 I think it was. Hate the place. It sucks. That is all.

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

What's wrong with TF Green? Except for the drive being 3 times the distance of going to Logan, things moved smoothly for me once there.

14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Like EWR is any better?

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

In my opinion.....much

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Last time I flew in/out of there was 1994. Maybe things have changed, but my memory of it is something like “Hello? Is there anybody here?” And IIRC, we had to climb the Bluth Companies staircase to get into the plane.

Steady T likes this.
  17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I flew out of there a few times between 1998 and 2002. I'm pretty sure they had jetways by then and staff moved me along quickly. One time they even got me on an earlier flight, checked luggage and all.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

WTF MKE? It has like 14 gates, you need get out more. Try Degaulle or Amsterdam or that shit hole in Newark

Phl218 likes this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I didn't find AMS too bad. I do hate being forced to walk through the duty free shop on my way to the gate. Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

maxresdefault.jpg

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah...I would rather pay more money to land at ewr than lga. Even Islip is better...lol