1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk shop floors

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Feb 20, 2017.

1. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

+1 on Race deck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Stay away from chips or flakes.

Pain in the ass to find that tiny nut/washer/____insertwhateveryouwanthere____ IMHO.

We have that in our lab and it has cost me several hours of my life (paid though)

Scotty87 and G2G like this.
  3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Polish the concrete with a diamabrush. They're one of my customers and make some nice stuff.

Chaplain45 likes this.
  4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Look up Epoxy It. They're in SoCal and do some really nice epoxy and concrete work for some of the SX guys.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Shewin Williams didn't work worth a crap on mine..... It looked good the first Month at least....
    [​IMG]

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey Alex,

I like that diamabrush idea. I used to have a walk behind sweeper at the shop, that maybe able to load those things on. I will ask my guys today, if we still have it? I know I just got a big sit down sweeper in from a customer that is powered by a 4 cylinder ford engine, but I don't know anything about the number of heads on it, etc. Probably too big for this type of work?

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Good info can be found here on epoxy:
    www.epoxy-coat.com

As mentioned, Garage Journal is a good resource too. My shop build has a thread there with pictures of the floor and such.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    dspaw likes this.
  8. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

G2G , like the setup . Noticed and liked the Santa Fe Speedway Posters .. that is where I spent my Wednesday nights 1970-75 or so . Tons of memories of that place . And Willow Springs Pool right down the street . :beer:

G2G likes this.
  9. If thats an option, I would love to try it out.

I'm looking into everything that everyone suggested so far. I really appreciate the info guys. I'm hoping to have an answer on this lease today or tomorrow. If that happens then it's dyno shopping time...

dsmitty37 likes this.
  10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I grew up right down the road from there In Hickory Hills. Would here the speedway in my backyard when I was a kid.

11. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I have that covered :) lol

[​IMG]

Will9465 likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Because of your first post, I'm very likely to go RaceDeck in my garage, 550-ish sq/ft. Sounds pricey but, if you're gettin' 15 years on, there's no downside.

13. Now I need to make decisions. The move is happening next month. I'll have keys this week. Need to get the shop prepped and ready during the night so I can get moved in over a 2-3 day period and right back to work.

Leaning towards polishing the concrete but I am trying to weigh out cost vs how long I'll be there.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

your website is broke

15. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

As stated avoid flakes, it's amazing how well a bolt will disappear. 12 years ago I used a Tnemec product, the only bad spot is where I dropped a bench vise.

16. Just a place holder. Hired a guy to do the site. Probably 2-3 weeks out.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

buddy does it faster. le mw know if you wnat his contact ;)

18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I grew up in Palos Hills ... and later lived in Hickory Hills for a while also . Small world . :beer:

G2G likes this.
  19. Hard to argue with "free", just trading services. Doing the wiring on his old FJ and he's doing my entire site, fb and instagram.

dsmitty37 and Phl218 like this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, I wasn't sure if you actually knew how to wire something?:Poke::crackup: