1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's see your home garages

Discussion in 'General' started by cartmen34, Nov 12, 2017.

1. cartmen34

cartmen34 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is already a post about this somewhere here but several searches revealed nothing... so here goes:

My winter project is to upgrade my small, 2-car, attached garage to be better suited to working on my bikes. I'm getting a workbench, a cycle lift, new air compressor, running some air lines, etc.

I'm probably going to get this lift, this air compressor (I have very close neighbors so I want to be aware of how much noise I'm making). I've already got a toolbox, and I'm looking for suggestions on a workbench.

So let's see your moto garage setups! Thanks in advance!

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Scanning every bit of the above pic trying to find a empty Carillo rod box, or a hand written note to Melka

4. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

40 x 64, 12’ walls, finished inside with OSB, spray foam insulation, bathroom with wash/dryer, 110/220 plugs every 8’, copper air line loop with drops on 12’ centers. This was before the driveway was poured.

[​IMG]

j cal, Wheel Bearing, XFBO and 5 others like this.
  5. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Go on..where are the pics of the inside!?

6. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Nope. I typically refrain from inside pics just to keep what I do have under wraps. I’ll see if I can’t get a pic taken in a few days of part of it.

7. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Your garage floor is carpeted? Do you have matching toilet seat covers in there? :Poke: :crackup:

Ducti89 likes this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He is obviously devoid of any taste since it isn't a shag, hence matching seat covers are very unlikely....

* - I just had an image of a mechanic looking for a dropped needle circlip in said shag....

:D

Mot Okstef likes this.
  9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

No one knows what a needle jet is anymore....

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

There are still a few of us out there that know what they are and have lost many circlips...

11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Contact @TLR67 for your cycle lift needs. At least I believe it's him who has the hookup. Maybe even air compressors.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don't anybody out there go thinking he has anything worth swiping in that garage, okay?
    Just forget you ever saw it.
    Nuthin in there.
    At all.

Kurt_Orban likes this.
  13. cartmen34

cartmen34 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll do that.

Ducti89, what brand/model lift is that? How do you like it? Most everybody I've asked so far seem to agree that I can't go wrong with a Handy or an Atlas lift.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Hey Dern, whip out that pic of your sweet garage setup.

Metalhead likes this.
  15. Ducti89

I’m not getting my slippers and robe dirty:D

masshole and Mot Okstef like this.
  16. Ducti89

Ill have to check. Its an air lift and its never given my a problem in the 4 years of using it.

17. Ducti89

I looked for the make but couldn’t find it. Says made in China. It has a 1000lb capacity. Honestly, I don’t think you can go wrong with any air lift. Keep the air line lubricated and the lift out of the weather and I don’t think you’ll ever have a problem

FWIW the guy who owned the lift prior to me had it for 3 years. So I estimate 7+ years club racer/hobbyist work load use. No complaints here.

cartmen34 likes this.
  18. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I need to do a few more things and admittedly it isn't normally this nice as I sometimes keep my 6x12 trailer and my daily driver parked in there too. But even with two cars and my trailer there is still enough room for working on some bikes.
    The bikes are in my attached 2-car garage but the workshop is where most of the work happens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

j cal, TheGrouchyCat, XFBO and 11 others like this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

My photos are less organized than my garage ;)

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I saved a pic of it...

8874223_orig.jpg