1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's have a serious discussion here...

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Apr 26, 2022.

1. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Fixed

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

The 308's for the US market were not that powerful, 210-230hp. 288 GTO's had twin turbos.

1981 GTSi 0-60mph 7.3sec
    1/4 mile 17.5s @ 97mph (yeah its slooooooww)
    Listed top speed 141mph.

Now for a comparison, my 2018 Honda Odyssey (from Car and Driver)
    0-60 6.7 sec
    1/4 mile 15.2s @95mph.

metricdevilmoto and cha0s#242 like this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I know the 308 might have been a dog, but it had style. The 288 GTO was a level higher on all counts.

dd1c4fca691377d9d7a0a9f56c9a4c665e1e6a0a.jpg

It may not be supercar enough for the F40/F50/Testa- fans but I bet, as far as investments go, those owner/fans probably wish they had gotten into the same boat I would have liked to get into with the 288. If I'm not mistaken, retail on the 288 was ~$83K...HUGE dividends for anyone having purchased and kept one. No way I could have afforded one. :(
    I don't care for the Fs or Testas. I want a car that can be driven daily. It's why I'd rather have a Porsche...or something from the MuscleCar era of American V8s.
    Looking at the 288's quarter, I cant help but think '69 Mustang...probably why I liked it. The '69 Mustangs are my favorite body style. I could give a nod to '67-'68s and '72s. I also like early 2nd gen. Camaros...the rears have a Ferrari-esque flow and the fronts are just mean. Had a '71 from '79-'81 while I was in Germany. Pissed off a few Porsche owners on occasion and blew people's minds downtown with a quick rev of the over-cammed 400SB...big badda boom with flames and errathang leaping out from under the car. :D

4. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

5. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

ahhh hummm .. hmmm well!! let's just say they're all great species/ specimens of metal....well shit I'd still rather have a truck:crackup:little red express!!! just saying... continue!

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hellz yeah! I'm changing my answer. I want this truck, and it better damn well have the little monkey in it!

[​IMG]

Let's see who is old enough to recognize this...

long path/road and Pixelator like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s not who I think of when I think of BJ…

Let’s not forget this unlikely choice for a cross-country race…

High flying action plus a Mad Dog!

[​IMG]

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

If you're going to jump, you definitely need KIT the Firebird. He has that Turbo Boost button.

I don't even use Siri now, so there's no way I would want a car with a half-assed 1980's version.

Growing up in South Florida, I'm a big Miami Vice fan, so I'd have to go with the white Testarossa. I have the whole collection on DVD, so I would of course have to revisit the individual locations and re-enact the fast driving scenes at 3am. What could go wrong?

308 can't be pulled off correctly without a mustache. A-team Van for when I go to the range with my Mini!

9. auminer

R Acree likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:D

11. auminer

Fkn smatphone.

pickled egg likes this.