1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's be honest. "Dreamers" = illegals

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Sep 2, 2017.

1. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Believe me, you have a well documented history on here of being one of the first to defend legal immigrants (of any race/nationality) so it wasn't me firing shots - just trying to clear some shit up. . .:beer:.

Now, I'm off to celebrate an immigrant winning a US championship, hopefully watch an African immigrant also help elevate US motorcycle racing with a another championship (and hopefully future US immigrant(s) to Europe do the same). . .:D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

But were they criminals? How many came in on the dole vs finding rough jobs. Oh and fleeing Nazis today would be called a refugee. Further they were all LEGAL immigrants

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Funny how they refuse to acknowledge the illegal aspect of the discussion. They want so badly to just ignor the true reality of the issue by trying to redefine it. Can't wait when Trump drops the hammer on these illegals after Congress once again refuses to do anything. Oh the lib tears will be yuuuuuuuuge. :)

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What you seemed to have missed, and something that has been a well-considered factor in immigration policy, is that just as being an exemplary HS student with many extracurricular achievements is considered by higher institutions of learning to be an indicator that the student has what it takes to do the level of work that they expect, the fact that the immigrant puts such great effort into complying with the requirements, including having a job when they arrive, is an indicator of the future success of that immigrant.

And for the love of God, get a spell-check program.
    You're making me grit my teeth.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Another of what you imagine to be clever insults.
    What an elitist prick you are.
    You have yet to make an argument or even detail a point of contention.

Try starting with actually stating whatever point you were trying to make in post 282.
    I refuse to guess at what you were saying.

7. motorkas

Already asked and answered.

Already answered.

Are you serious? If so, might I suggest investing two seconds of your time googling to prevent making the same mistake in the future. . .Then google the early life of the founder of Google. . .then about his ex-wife’s father, then about his ex-wife’s father’s three children. . .

No shit. It was my example. I'm very well aware of their status and why I used them. Are you aware that you were talking about legal immigrants in the post I quoted?

I get that reading comprehension may not be everybody’s strong suit but they’re your own words. . .how do you fuck up comprehending what you actually wrote? Remember that part about taking for granted inherent advantages? Being taught English from birth is one of them.

Read Outliers.

I must have missed the memo where I’m now directly reporting to you (or the deposit in my checking account that says you’re hiring me to give a fuck what you think or do what you ask).

Four out of my last five bosses: West Point Grad, Full Bird, 2 former operators on elite teams. Not a group that's known for blowing character assessments or abilities to perform. They all essentially expect the same: 1) no excuses 2) don’t suck 3) figure it out.

Call me whatever you want if it makes you feel better. Still doesn't change the fact that (mentally) you wouldn’t last five minutes under the standards you think you're adhering to.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You are going to need to give him more guidance than that, I fear.
    Maybe something like this.

Attached Files:

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That is probably a pretty good analogy. It does take about 10,000 hours of paperwork to legally immigrate!:D

10. motorkas

If I was older. . .I think a little piss would have come out. . .:crackup:

Shhhhhhhh. . .I was hoping he'd crack it, read it and come up with that counter by himself (it's the little things). . .:D

11. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

I'm aware of the open borders of yesterday during the 1700s and 1800s but I'm referring to the 50-100k of undocumented immigrants from Ireland right now.

Would you like me to discredit your logic against this program? Or will you just tout fake news at me and Fox News talking points.

I won't just hint at racism, I'll flatly call Out some of the community out on it. I've been around the paddock long enough to have been to a few places and meet a lot of people and perhaps being a white male people assume I'm ok with it".

But never in my 37 years of global and local travel have I heard the word "N----- and sp--- and f----- more than at a local race track.

It's very easy to point the fingers at minorities but then completely ignore automation, true form capitalism, and free markets.

You assume I'm a liberal but not too long ago the party of Reagan had empathy. I don't know what the party is today anymore.

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I think it's funny that Trump and the majority of the GTFO crowd only seem to ever be able to talk about Mexicans and those of ME descent. Anyone here on board with rounding up all of the Polish in every major city across the upper midwest or the 50k or so Irish in NYC? Is our wall going to keep them out too?

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Then in the 37 years you must not have done much real travelling.

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

According to the WERA board this is your first season and you are in Michigan? It must be bad up there because it's certainly not like that down here.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Seriously? If anyone from Poland or Ireland swims the Atlantic to get here, I am not going to suggest they be sent back. Really bad analogy.

16. Chino52405

I haven't experienced this EXCEPT when I was working Fire & Rescue with SCCA. I quit volunteering because I couldn't sit around with 2 people in particular (both police officers) that were just one racist "joke" after the other. My last day we had a zero call day (even for the Miatas) and being stuck with those assholes was it for me.

17. Chino52405

WTF are you talking about? They're here. Illegally. No wall will stop that and that was the point.

jase likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Now seriously, if the Irish are here illegally, they should be sent home. I'm sure they can get by in the homeland.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Southern border...a river. Eastern border...Atlantic Ocean.

At least 75% of the illegals are from Mexico and south. However, if it will make you feel all tingly and such, I support returning ALL illegals to their point of origin.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I don't think they'll fit back inside the womb.