1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lethal Rog in the "news"?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brad, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Looks like Rog may deserve more credit than he was getting for affamarket errrrthang and his mad riding skillz a while back. This story popped in my feed today and I thought, hmmm...something familiar about him.

While it looks like the story is fabricated, as its labeled a satire site, it would appear young Rog might be doin' alright.

Ignore all the bs comment crap and don't try to send it to the dungeon..And nut swingers step away if he is truly ballin' these days! He doesn't need to sponsor anyones race season...

http://tmztoday.com/black-biker-ran-over-by-driver-after-snatching-confederate-flag-off-truck/

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Which part of the article is this comment based on? :confused:
    From what I read, he went from jail to the morgue. Not quite sure I'd call that "doin' alright."

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

4. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

It is fabricated...meaning not true. Likely set up by Rog. He appears to have started a rather successful website and is making bank.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I get that it's fake. You wrote that in your first post. What I didn't get was that your post was based on something other than the content of the article.

Anyway, are you reading info from somewhere else (Facebook, or something) about the site ownership and success? :confused:

6. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Bottom of the page:
    "Tmztoday.com is a combination of real shocking news and satire news. Please note that articles written on this site are for entertainment and satirical purposes only.
    Copyright 2015 © TmzToday All rights reserved"

Googled his name, read the facebook pages that appear to be real content from him. I would say "flyheight.com" is his and spending 2 minutes scrolling (one of) those fb's, it looks like he's been working at it a while. One posts says he had to buy a server because his site had 100k hits in one day and his host shut him down essentially....I'd say he knows how to get traffic his way!

Hopefully he's just profiting from the drama queens that have to know...too bad it's contributing to an already f'd society.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Of course its Fake..... Aint nobody got the Nads to steal Jimbob Billy Joe's Stars and Bars!! I see those Yahoos everyday down here....

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, I would have never guessed he was capable of that, based on the video that made him famous here. Goes to show, you can't judge a book by its cover.

9. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Video link?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You haven't seen that? The one where he shows off his bike and talks about having aftermarket errrrrrrthang. Your motorcycle culture is lacking. :D

Check out the "Best of BBS" thread. If you're lucky, someone will have put it in there. Start from the end and work your way back. It hasn't been updated much the past few years.

Might also be the YouTube thread, but that mofo is practically unsearchable.

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The best thing about the YouTube thread is in my sig. line:D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Your sig. line ignores the context. I was talking about idiots ruining it by posting stuff we don't allow here. I essentially kept my own prediction from happening by issuing regular warnings. :Poke:
    But go on and keep thinking you found something brilliant. :D

13. Robin172

Oh, I will. Posting 4 vids of shelties isn't allowed?:)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, the shelties joke (I'm assuming it was one) flew right over my head. :confused:
    What did I miss?

15. Robin172

Page 2 of the YouTube thread, it's where my sig. line came from.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ken Block videos used to be kosher until six different threads got started over a day or two for the same new video. Then Mongo banned all videos until the YouTube thread was started as a compromise.

That's the context of your sig. line. ;)

17. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Sounds familiar now that you mention that. Either way, I'm not going to go look through all that crap to find out so my motorcycle culture can continue to lack! :D Thanks a lot Pap Smear :moon:

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

When you post a contextually relevant YouTube video and get a 5-day ban, the moderators send a nice little note asking you to review the rules about posting videos - except you can't access the rules, because you're banned from the site.

How about just "don't start a thread to post a YouTube video" as the rule?

19. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Yep..looks like the original site is his as well. He claims another site to be his on another post that is laid out just like it with the same type "content." The sad part is almost no one reads on to find what kind of site is reporting these "facts" that obviously are true, as they found them on the web. Who over is coming up with the stuff has a real way about being able touch on every bodies most tender nerves!

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you get banned for starting a racing or motorcycle related thread with a video? If yes (this is obviously sarcasm), I apologize on behalf of the moderators. If not, then you obviously did not read the rules when you returned, based on your post, and you should get another vacation.