1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LEO shoots biker in back during traffic stop

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Cremean, May 11, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Agreed, have to wonder whose idea it was go that route, if his defense was accidental discharge I cant help but wonder if he'd be looking at a lot less time.

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

That was my thought too.

All too often lying about what happened buries your ass in deeper.

Either way, what a nightmare.

3. Shyster d'Oil

Or any time at all.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I won't lie...I have had it happen twice to me in my early 20's...aiming at a fixed target...finger on the trigger......boom...not what I had expected..my finger follwed what my mind was imagining...only it wasn't suppose to actually pull the trigger..

From that I learned..finger off the trigger when "visualizing" unless you are actually going to fire.

Cop could have actually been watching episodes of Sons of Anarchy and developed a video game in his head and then when he saw the same scenario in reality, the mental packet just took over and before he knew it, it was over... only for real.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I think you're exactly right about that. Suspect that is what the final situation ended up being.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:Off:

Ain't that the truth! Was driving home from a biz associate's place this morning, and saw coming at me a veritable throng of people...and my first thought was, I wonder how many of them I can hit a-la GTA before the cops are on me?

If I were driving my truck with the plow on it, I might have done it. :D

7. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

Yeah at least if he would have used a tazer the guy would have just gotten burnt by the pipes when the bike fell over. Alot better then paralyzed in my opinion.

8. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

The guy looked at the cop, looks at his friend and is shot. All within about 8 seconds.
    Put that pig away.

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

That is just f'd up.

10. haunter

haunter Well-Known Member

horribly innacurate cliffs of the video, but that cop didnt id himself fast enough for sure

11. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

That video is sickening. I'm surprised no one has commented on this:

"When McCloskey fell to the ground, his motorcycle fell on top of him. His friend in the car, who is not identified, showed up a few minutes later and saw McCloskey on the ground with his bike still on top of him and running. According to the complaint, he heard McCloskey say, "I'm shot. I can't move. Get this bike off of me."

Neither Officer White or Officer Doe assisted McCloskey in any way, the complaint said.

McCloskey's friend, fearing an explosion, told the officers they needed to turn off the motorcycle and move the bike off McCloskey, as his legs were being burned by the exhaust pipes. According to the complaint, one of the officers said: "He's your friend, you get the bike off him."

Eventually, the motorcycle was turned off and removed from McCloskey's body. He sustained second or third-degree burns on his right leg and heel that might result in amputation of his right leg at some point, the complaint said."

Even if you somehow think the cop was justified in pulling out his gun, let alone shooting the guy in the back, there is absolutely no justification whatsoever to let this guy literally burn. The few times I got pulled over I was in college, in a college town notorious for runners. To show the cops I wasn't going to run, whenever I stopped I turned around to put my key on my back seat. The cops told me they appreciated that and gave me warnings. If I would have done that to this cop, I would be paralyzed while smelling my own flesh cook. That cop should get more than 11 years in prison.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  12. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Fuck those pigs! Hope they take it up the azz in prison for a loooong time.:mad:

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Defended by Geoffrey Feiger.

Yup, that city just got a good little bump in their property taxes next year.

Way to go hero cop.:cool:

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I think you might have the FTP threads a little mixed up.

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Follow this link.

http://glasscityjungle.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Cmplnt.pdf

Believe it or not, I think I heard on the radio this morning Feiger took the other case with the Detroit cops shooting that little girl too. Maybe that's the thread you're referring to.

Probably gonna be a 10 Million dollar score for him between both cases.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Thnx, that guy gets around....pretty sure that's the same attorney (same name) that's been retained on behalf of Aiyesha, the 7yo girl who was killed on the Detroit raid.

17. Shyster d'Oil

:D

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Because that is sound tactical training. Asses the situation, shoot, then reassess to decide if you need to shoot again. Cops do not shoot to kill they shoot to neutralize the threat so that is a little different than what an average person might do. Also if a cop walks into a situation with his finger on the trigger (which is anything inside the trigger guard) you get a deal like the 7 year old getting shot during a raid.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There's a good joke somewhere in there. :D

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

The city of Ottawa Hills may very well go bankrupt over this case or have to float bonds to pay the damage award after Jeff ass rapes them in Civil Court.

The part time cop made a part time mistake and then compounded it.. Two lives are totally ruined and there are only losers in this case.