1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leftist Olympics 2020

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Jan 19, 2019.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Did one of the commies say that?

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Booker made a passionate plea that he would go after the NRA and guns like never before. You know because he lives in a gun riddled area and he’s seen first hand just how much devastation guns cause.

3. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

That Emily Harris lady or whatever her name exposed just how racist she is with that statement that black teachers are better.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Imagine if someone said, "If a White child has a Black teacher before age 6, they are twice as likely to smoke weed, If a White child has 2 Black teachers by the time they are in 6th grade they are 33% more likely to go to prison"....

People would FLIP THEIR SHIT...yet Harris gets away with it...WTF?

lrrs517 likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Their new slogan could be Make America Shitty Again.

They've already shown a predilection for the pronunciation of the acronym.

6. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Was that during the debate?

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope, all of them did.

blkduc and cav115 like this.
  8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I appreciate their sudden honesty and encourage them to ramp it up.

The talk around the office today about the debates is dominated by the left's mission of civilian disarmament. If the left could hear what people are saying, they would be freaking out. So more please!

9. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I kept waiting for one of the candidates or one of the moderators to call out Booker for his BS about his neighborhood and where he grew up. He grew up in one of the richest and most racially NON-diverse in MD. Gimme a break! He like to act as if he grew up in da' hood, and had to struggle for everything that he has. Typical democrat hypocrite.

10. sharkattack

I hope they ramp it up tenfold. All it's going to do is make a lot of the country that are moderates, vote for Trump. The far left will never vote for him, and the far right always will.

blkduc likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I couldn't sit through the whole thing. But my impressions are that Trump has 2020 on lockdown barring some eleventh hour Hail Mary by the Dems. The previously discussed Oprah announcement... perhaps some measure to put legalization on the national ballot?

Comrade Bernie won't survive the campaign if he keeps acting like he did last night. He'll stroke the eff out. He already just comes across as a pissed off doddering old Whitey. That's not gonna motivate the base.

sharkattack likes this.
  12. sharkattack

I thought the same thing. The way he was looking at Biden, all hunched over, face red as a beet, I was waiting for him to pull out an AR and start leveling the candidates, lol! His blood pressure had to be 999/999.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If Biden or Bernie get the nod, I hope like hell Trump asks them 'I thought liberal progressives hated old rich white men?"

14. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Yes

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Cite please, because I am not reading that in the transcript.

I am guessing this is what you were referring to:
    She did claim that black children taught by a black teacher were more likely to go on to college. I believe she meant this as it was a positive role model for the black children, not that black teachers were better. With positive role models lacking for many blacks, those claims would not surprise me at all.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dr. King would be appalled.

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

32% more likely THAN WHAT is the question ... 32% more likely than if they had 2 asian teachers? 32% more likely than if they had 2 white teachers? 32% more likely than if they weren't even in school at all?

Context. It matters.

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If that is what she said, and those statistics are factual, I have absolutely no problem with the point she was making. I did not watch the debate, so I am lacking context. It is human nature to identify with those similar to yourself. If black kids will see higher lifetime success rates as a result of early exposure to positive black role models, everybody wins. I would note that their competency should be more important than their color. Now, back to business as usual. I will probably never agree with anything else BluYam ever says, Harris is a total idiot, and Bernie is just a sideshow this time around. His only shot was stolen from him by Empress Hillary.
    I don't think that he would. He was not blind to human nature.

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Again, I didn't watch the debate, but the statistic would be meaningless unless it simply referred to the presence or absence of a black teacher.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have not been able to find the source for the statistics Harris used RE: black teachers.

If Dr. King's dream was of a world where people would be judged on content of character, not color of skin, then no he would not be pleased with the continual focus on race. I learned from black teachers, I learned from white teachers. Some were good, some not. Race was not a determining factor in their effectiveness, and this has been 50 years ago. I don't see those statements as moving towards the dream. YMMV.

lrrs517 likes this.