1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League bowlers represent.

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Alright party people...who among us bowls in a league (or two or three)?

I started last summer, got tendonitis in October, had to quit until last month to let it fully heal. Shit average right now at 156 but I'm rapidly improving. Had my high game and my first 600 series on Tuesday night (140-209-256 for the 605). It's in my blood at this point, love being at the lanes even just practicing.

Gonna be time to start working on the arsenal (DV8 Schizo, Radical Yeti, Storm Byte and a DV8 plastic)...need some new equipment. Anyone been to Kegel Training Center?

Cue jokes featuring The Jesus and Kegel...

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:crackup:

In.

This will be a train wreck.:D

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've gone bowling 3 times in my life and all three times went dragging my feet and cursing under my breathe. Kids birthdays all three times.

Don't tell anyone but I enjoyed it.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I used to. Kinda miss it.

Cuddles de Sade likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Soo I bowled for about 15 years. Had like a 200-220 average, depending on league, bowling alley. Stopped for the last 5 years, Tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, and then FAI on top of all that.

Family wanted to go bowling, Found my 2 - 8 year old bowling balls, and my old shoes, and bowled a 229 and 248 for my first two games back about a month ago. Think I'll quit on a high note :D

EDIT: Never bowled a 300, 279 a few times. A bunch of 800 series and ton of 700 series

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    ungwaha likes this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I bowled a 221 when I was 13 to win high score for the junior league I was in. I still have the patch.

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

[​IMG]

Cuddles de Sade likes this.
  9. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

oh shit this is going to get ugly fast.....

10. Cuddles de Sade

...umm...duh!

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I miss it tremendously though. These new bowling alleys are not really bowling any longer. More like a party with loud music and such. Leagues I heard have really changed. No one wants to commit 30-36 weeks any longer. It's a shame, as it was a big part of my life, and one of the few things I was actually pretty good at.

12. Cuddles de Sade

I'm lucky as Columbia SC has a pretty strong bowling community...7 bowling centers across the area and lots of league activity. our Tuesday night league is a 36 week, Mixed, 5 man. 30 teams and known as one of the competitive leagues. fucking around isn't tolerated.

I started two leagues last year which is how I injured my hand...killing me to only be on one night a week right now.

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Please tell me you drink White Russians while you roll. If you don't, start, or lie and tell me you did.

14. Cuddles de Sade

Until Tuesday night I hadn't broken 200 since last year and even then it was only twice overall and only once in league, a 218...232 in practice one time doesn't really count. I'm still so new my swing isn't natural yet...had something click in the second game last week and found my groove. that 256 could have easily been a lot more...was all over the pocket throughout the 3rd game. came in a touch high in the 2nd frame and was lucky to end up with 6-10...the 7 fell late. spare ball at the 6-10 and didn't take any hand out of it, turned the smallest bit to just miss the 10. crap, opened. then ripped off the next 8 still just hammering it until I left a pocket 7 with my 2nd ball in the 10th. misjudged the lane conditions and missed that spare as well (cut my strike ball just in front of the 7). from an execution perspective only my first in the 2nd was off, even that just a hair. every other shot went exactly where I wanted it to...the misses were judgment not my physical game...have never had that before. halfway through the second game I just relaxed and started to let it come off my hand. I've always been fighting my swing, pulling or pushing etc. None of that...just nice heavy roll with less tilt and a bit less axis of rotation than I had been working with, but my speed and revs were way up. I literally kissed my Yeti after that game.

15. Cuddles de Sade

with powdered non-dairy creamer.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

My Mom is in the Halifax County Bowling Hall of Fame. I bowled in a church league a few years until I got tired of losing to her every week.

Yzasserina and BigBird like this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That is crazy. I'm always having these random thoughts pop into my head, and just last night, it was whether people like Jesus Quintana actually exist. And I'll be damned if one doesn't out himself on the beeb the very next day!!! :D

18. Cuddles de Sade

I'm living a version of that dream. My Dad's bowled since he was 4 (he's 69 now)...is in the Broome County NY Bowling hall...still bowls in a scratch league with a 232 average last year. every time I talk to him it seems like it's another 300 game or 800 series. his team is all seniors and they're all slayers. his anchor last week went 279-279-278. I'll have to wait until he's in a wheelchair to beat him...even then it's a maybe.

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I used to, when I was in school. Only played occasionally since. Still have the same Columbia ball I had back then.

Oh, and I think the rules should limit you to a single bowling ball per game. None of this bringing 6 balls and running back to grab different ones for different spare shots. Adapt, biches!

ungwaha likes this.
  20. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

Is there much difference between balls from different manufacturer's or within each lineup?