1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layne Staley or Scott Weiland?

Discussion in 'General' started by DonDDR, Feb 4, 2010.

1. DonDDR

DonDDR Well-Known Member

I know better than to ask, but watchin youtube of both and Scott isnt bad,

Anyone that brings up vetter on this thread is ghey,,,,,, Laugh,,,,,,

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Who had the more prominent heroin addiction?

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

Staley FTW

4. Simply Layne. A man who really lived and died by his art.. he really is the "Man in the box"

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I dunno, I find nothing cool or glamorous about being a heroin addict and expiring before your time because you couldn't kick your addiction and face reality like the rest of us. You got paid millions of dollars to do something you love but for whatever reason you had to self medicate on a daily basis because your life was so terrible.

Guess you got what you deserved.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Staley > Weiland. both were badass tho.

7. Putter

So, every addict deserves to die? There are millions of them and most are not millionares.

8. ajk4

ajk4 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

You leave Windjammers out of this.

Unless you meant Eddie Vedder.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I only saw Staley live out of that bunch. Dude was phenomenal. Circa 1993 I believe.

11. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

I like Weiland and STP, but Staley and AIC killed 'em. Maybe the best band I ever saw live. Had the opportunity to go backstage at a show in Detroit back in 93 or so. Great band and a real pity....

12. ton

ton Arf!

Staley. No comparison.

13. PCP

PCP King of the who?

I'm a huge fan of both of them, and their respective groups. I really can't stress enough how little I care about a celebrity's personal life, I just loved the music. Comparing the two, I'd say I prefer AIC over STP though. I wish Scott wouldn't have tried to make a comeback though, that was beyond a train wreck. His recent performances the past few years were a joke. I think both of them have very distinctive voices, and both produced some great music back in the day that will continue to blast through my speakers on a regular basis.

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I liked both, but Layne Staley without question. His voice was one of a kind. He could as someone said above, kill it. Incredible voice.

Everytime I hear an AIC song, I get pissed that he went and off'd himself way too soon. Their music was great and it's simply depressing that they only had a few albums.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Neither. Addicts who continually disrespect and disrupt the lives of their friends and families don't rank.

I'd vote for Chirs Cornell though. :D

16. Chip

Chip Registered

Staley

17. breaux

breaux Well-Known Member

Staley or Weiland? I'd say it's a tie.....in overtime. So close to call why bother. Two great frontmen of two great bands.

18. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

The new Alice in Chains singer, William Duvall, sounds a lot like Layne Staley.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Works for me.

20. Putter

Lame.