1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawn Care Pros

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Feb 11, 2018.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I need a recommendation for spring fertilizer and crabgrass and broad spectrum weed control. I've used Scott's for years, but it seems like they have lost their QC the last couple of seasons with seed and weed control products.
    I live in Union county,NC. Lawn is tall fescue that is beginning to give way to Bermuda. I don't mind, since Bermuda is hardier and drought resistant. We've had crabgrass, clover and chickweed.
    Thanks in advance.

2. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Long way away from thinkin ‘bout lawns and fertilizer up in heah
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Tear it up and build a mini track, thats what i did in the back yard. Looks beautiful!

4. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Yesterday was a good day for some snow flat track with the TTR125. Total blast in about 6” of snow!

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hire someone. I tried it for years, even buying commercial grade Lesco products. I burnt it (with product) several times, and tried my hardest to kill it. The deciding factor, for me, was the fact that I couldn't even buy the product as cheap as my guy applies it.

Luckily, I have a local guy doing his own thing, and it has worked out well. He carries all of the necessary products for the seasons, and I can call/text him direct with questions, and/or concerns. I text him pics pretty regularly when I get a popup of some sort of weed, and he'll spot treat them when he's here.

My biggest problem, is the gal next door, doesn't treat her lawn, so I'm always getting weed creep.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ortho Weed B Gone
    Or
    Bayer weed and crabgrass killer.

Buy at any big box. Follow directions.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roundup :D

8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Pavement. :D