1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas wera race

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by jameszx6, Dec 20, 2010.

1. jameszx6

jameszx6 highperformancecrew.com

Who's going to race in las Vegas January 28-30?
    Any advise on track ?

2. jameszx6

3. OptimizedGSXR

OptimizedGSXR Well-Known Member

It's pretty cold that time of year still.

4. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

maybe - If my bikes are finished. I have never been there though.

5. Bruce Lind

Bruce Lind Well-Known Member

Basically flat. Fully paved paddock with one building that takes care of registration and toilets. On the west side of the Speedway.

Fun layout. Fun track to ride. You will really like the run off compared to Seattle, Spokane and or Portland.

There may or may not be a track day on Friday.

I'll be going to the April event with the "Circus Train Transporter"!

:up:

Have fun.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure there will be a track day on Friday run by Dale Kieffer.

7. jameszx6

Cool it be the first time we ride there:up:

8. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

Should be my first time at that track. Any contact info for the group running the track day the day before?

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

http://www.racersedgeperformance.com/

Dale Kiefer. 702-257-3808 We ran with him one time last year and then the insurance changed and the rider needs to be 16, Tyler is only 14. I thought he ran a good track day and is a good guy.

Good Luck, Tyler likes that track and I like being able to view most of the course from the pit wall.

10. jameszx6

Is getting closer anybody know where I can get the race schedule for that weekend as well as prices and license requirements Also can the cmra license be used to get a weekend license or do we need to get the wera year license?
    Also Track configuration that will be run?

11. got 60'

got 60' Well-Known Member

Classic Config

12. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Individual race schedules are posted on the main WERA website when it gets close to the event date, link is HERE - the Vegas round schedule is posted now.

Think your thread isn't getting much feedback on the BBS as you posted it in an area that is usually used for post race commentary. Given there has only been one WERA race this year not many people are looking through this forum. If you go to the main forum you'll see a thread titled "Vegas Roll Call" - probably a better place to ask questions related to this upcoming race. The track is a fun one - most staffers bring their bikes with them when we run out there - nice technical track that has a good flow to it.

13. gtrpimp76

gtrpimp76 Active Member

I'll be there. Racing A SBK, A SS, and F1 Novice. My 1st time there as well. I want to do the trackday to learn the track as I want to spend Sat and Sun Morning dialing in the setup. But cash wise, it looks like I'll be looking at limited practice Saturday to learn and Sunday morning to quickly dial in the setup. According to Luke Huff, it's an easy and fun layout to learn. But then again, Huff is faster than me on his 600. I believe he also started the "Vegas Roll Call" thread as well.

14. chase2000gt

chase2000gt Well-Known Member

The weather has been absolutely beautiful here in Vegas the past week, If next week is anything like it, you'll be in for a treat!

15. jameszx6

It be cool to meet more people there ,we are flying from Houston Texas,
    My son Jose silva is the one that be racing if you see us come say what's up
    He is novice racer 704 in cmra but don't know what number wera will give him in las Vegas he rides a black 09 Kawasaki zx6:up: here is a picture of him on the bike
    [​IMG]

16. hellishhorses

hellishhorses Active Member

Congratulations to Jose Silva for winning the B & C Superstock Novice races!!!

17. jameszx6

Thanks to wera for having us at las Vegas ,my son Jose silva had fun racing with you guys but sadly crash out of the lead on his third race of the day he ended up winning
    Novice The MW solo20 race, C superstock and B superstock after the crash the bike did not feel right so we call it a day ,it was great meeting new people and the las Vegas racers are great thanks,my son was also exited to meet Jason disalvo,Melissa Paris,Ben Bostrom,joy pascarella
    [​IMG]

18. hellishhorses

hellishhorses Active Member

19. jameszx6

Wanted to give Luke huff a shootout for being a great guy and competitor after the first race he came over to our pits and welcome us to the races him and my son had the best battle of the novice races:up:

20. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

oh sweet! i know luke from WSMC, great guy! glad you guys had great battles!