1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Off season testing at the Acres? :D

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm no conspiracy theorist. I'm very aware of how it works, and that there is a regular contingent of people who attempt to ascribe every big event to some kind of conspiracy.
    Usually, the theories don't hold water for various reasons, but sometimes they do.
    In this case, though, I'm not seeing people advancing conspiracy theories, just people saying that it didn't happen the way we are being told it happened.
    To dismiss their concerns out of hand as a conspiracy theory is ridiculous at this point.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Britt likes this.
  3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Guess you have never fired an.50 with IER... yeah.. you poke a couple hole with AP's.. follow them up with some lighters... not really rocket surgery...
    Nope.. covered up here at the Acres.. but working alone has it downfalls... and I quit listening to talk radio a perty good while back.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who is telling us how everything happened?

If you're listening to the media then you're correct, they are most likely wrong. Along with their expert talking heads who are hired to push a certain view. Along with the talking heads hired to push the other view. They don't get more views/hits/ratings/money if they just tell you that we don't know what the hell happened or why so lets wait on the investigation to get closer to finished...

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This made me chuckle, the other day I swerved to miss a squirrel and was in the woods shooting at them later that day.:D

Ian178, HPPT and G 97 like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't think I've ever fired any tracers - maybe a .22 once but it would have been 30 years ago or more. I agree it's not difficult in theory just not sure how the reality works of getting jet fuel to light. Even if it's spewing all over it's hard to do anything with it.

Glad you're busy and sorry you're busy all at the same time.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The Sheriff, Mayor, State Police & the FBI... they hold these Press Conferences and disseminate Official Information..to the Public. perhaps you have heard of this?

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

.22 Tracers are alittle different than Incendiary Exploding Ammo..fired out of a .50cal
    :)
    Being busy is good and bad, but I will take it over being broke any day.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, and they haven't released much in the way of facts. A lot of the stuff being touted in this thread is someone elses spin on the facts.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Definitely never fired little bombs. But I want to :D

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Will diesel/jet fuel even ignite in liquid form. I suppose if the ignition source was big/hot/prolonged enough.
    Even of an incendiary round was used and it penetrated into the liquid fuel would it ignite it.

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Or just use silvertips. That way you don't need to mess around with different types of bullets and you would just need to hit it once.:D

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You would ignite the stream and fuel on the ground.. yes diesel in liquid form will burn.. Jet A... yes... Ever see a plane crash?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The liquid or the vapor?

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

With burning phosphorus probably both. I think it burns at around 5000F...

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

At 5000F, the round would be surrounded by vapor.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I'm not a chemist, but if you pour kerosene on the ground...you can light it with a propane torch... we actually have a kerosene lantern that was lit with a kitchen match... so yeah the shit burns...
    Does it light up like gasoline, no.

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Will jet fuel burn if you put on a treadmill and if so, is it better than a hamburger or pie?

I love WERA board "technical" discussions.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fuel burning is technical? :D

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Maybe not but pie damn sure is!