1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just because it's been in disuse doesn't make it any less a Right. While I understand what that article is alluding to with respect to the 2A, try to understand it as I understand it...
    "It is our Federal Government's responsibility to ensure that every citizen not only owns a gun but knows how to use it well."
    If they are gonna put so much effort into supporting the other Rights today, going so far as to make additional laws to that effect, why have they ignored the 2A?
    I firmly believe our gun violence problems would go away, if we taught people how to use 'em.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You don't think China, a country capable of manufacturing almost any advanced electronic device, and is a major nuclear power, is not an "advanced" country? :crackup:

SGVRider likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So wait - you're going to totally ignore that we aren't war torn? :crackup:

BTW - mental issues are the underlying reason for at least the mass shootings. The rest have been dropping so we're headed in the right direction overall. Freaky.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Its kind of gross watching all the pundits, whether nobody or national name, sit and wait for the motive. You can almost feel each camp salivating at the possibility of the other being to blame.

On another note, while I am aware the whole correlation/causation thing, its important to note that the rise in certain kinds of gun violence aligns pretty closely with the decrease of accessibility of mental care and the hefty increase in the availability of anti-depressant drugs.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Stop feeding the troll! Hello? Unless you're as cute as our cat, Jack, then, proceed, but still ick.

6. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

Lol. China. I need to do some research on the amount of killing by citizens. America is war torn. ? I hope you are right mongo. I hope no one get killed but let's see.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would you watch any of that crap?

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

it wouldn't, but yea verdict is still out i guess. ol' whitey dem is starting to feel the discontent and urgency that ol' whitey repub had been feeling for a few decades now. up is down, black is white... we'll see.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Killing by the state is okay?

People are going to get killed, it'll never stop. Not really sure what your point is.

10. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

13,410 murders In 2010 in country of 1 billion
    15000 Murder in 2016 in America with 300 million.

Plus are you kidding more then half of China are under poverty , uneducated it is no where as advance as America.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wut? I agree, reading this. :crackup: No idea what you are trying to say. :D

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

All politics aside, if anyone is in/around Las Vegas they need blood donations in a very bad way.

Lawn Dart and G 97 like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And China is completely forthcoming with all statistics including death by improper thought?

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wait, so war torn countries are less violent than the US. :crackup::crackup:o_O

15. Fonda Dix

Maybe my use of the word pundits was incorrect. By that, I mean anyone who does not think in absolute lockstep with me. :D

All jokes aside, I make a run through both side (Red State, Blaze, Fox, HuffPo, Salon, Slate) every morning and just noticed they all seem to be poised with a "got cha" moment on deck as soon as they find out. What is really gross is when I woke up to this news, it was 100% predictable how each and every person, even myself, would react......and it's getting old.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Ah so apparently the killings by the government are not included in China's murder rate. The country China is advanced. Just because a larger portion of it's citizens have been left behind by the totalitarian regime does not mean the country is not advanced. In any case, I would prefer to keep the higher murder rate to a totalitarian regime. That isn't even a close trade off in my book.

wiggeywackyo likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don't forget the millions of baby girls that are killed/murdered just after birth to avoid the later financial burden of marriage. I forget this doesn't count. Its not violence, My bad. :rolleyes:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You have to watch them to see that they are predictable - so again I ask....

19. Fonda Dix

dude, stop being pedantic.

I woke up to a mass shooting so I looked at a bunch of websites and made an observation. That's all.

:D

If your point is why would I look at that crap, my answer is I dont know. Masochism and self hate I guess.

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Because some people don't get their news here or from a toadstool.