1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You cut n paste some BullShit Chart from a propaganda site.... Stop with the "FeelGooder BS" and noodle it out...you ain't legislating morality into a criminal mind...
    You Can't FIX the Problem of MURDER, by making a LAW....Geezus the Prisons are Full of Examples of this...and they all didn't use a gun.

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Did he know the guy?

One of my Project Managers lives in Vegas. He wasn't there, but he and his wife know a number of people that were. They're sort of shaken up - I think the whole city is right now. They're still trying to get information about who is ok and who (if anyone) isn't. Still lots of people donating blood today.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup:
    You are deluded. China, Iran, Iraq, any number of African countries. Violence at the hands of government is still violence.

You have never been outside the US have you. The US doesn't even come close to what some of these other countries are doing to their fellow human beings. Spend six months in the country of Turkmenistan then get back with me about how you feel the US uses more lethal force than any other society. Better yet cross the boarder into Mexico and report your findings.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    JBraun likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Germanwing ring a bell?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nice. :D

cpettit likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Video games have to be the worst. After an extended session of Driv3r, I had the thought that drivin' down the road and blowin' people away, stealin' their car and blowin' more people away was not only doable, but that someone, someday, would. It would be just too easy to go all GTA on society for anyone weak-minded enough to think it was an acceptable behavior or that they would get away with it. It's bound to happen.

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I won't lie. After playing GTA, whenever I see something like this, I consider for a second what kind of air I could get:

[​IMG]

badmoon692008, HPPT and TX Joose like this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

It's not quite so clear cut as you may believe.

"A fraud on the American public.” That’s how former Chief Justice Warren Burger described the idea that the Second Amendment gives an unfettered individual right to a gun. When he spoke these words to PBS in 1990, the rock-ribbed conservative appointed by Richard Nixon was expressing the longtime consensus of historians and judges across the political spectrum.

Twenty-five years later, Burger’s view seems as quaint as a powdered wig. Not only is an individual right to a firearm widely accepted, but increasingly states are also passing laws to legalize carrying weapons on streets, in parks, in bars—even in churches.

Many are startled to learn that the U.S. Supreme Court didn’t rule that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual’s right to own a gun until 2008, when District of Columbia v. Heller struck down the capital’s law effectively banning handguns in the home. In fact, every other time the court had ruled previously, it had ruled otherwise. Why such a head-snapping turnaround? Don’t look for answers in dusty law books or the arcane reaches of theory.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/nra-guns-second-amendment-106856

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

But but but, state sponsored killings by governments don't count. Mass orchestrated genocide in the millions is not violence. :crackup:

10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Yes...because people that are going to commit murder are going to make sure they do it legally...

11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

My uncle is there . Unrelated but they had his hotel on lock down last I heard

Also just got an email from a rolling stone writer asking about one of our artists. Look for an article against the nra, country music’s association with the NRA and this event soon. (Fortunately he isn’t affiliated with them anymore or wasn’t playing last night)

The media can’t let this tragedy go to waste already . Fuck the media

Maybe I should post the writers email

Shenanigans likes this.
  12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

G97 over here opening beers like...

[​IMG]

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Looking at AU's charts of gun deaths and gun homicides...
    1988 - 674 deaths, 123 homicides/18.25%
    2009 - 226 deaths, 30 homicides/13.25%

In a 33% reduction in gun deaths, only a 5% reduction in homicides.
    How's that gun control working now?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, jase, I did notice that your hero Hillary has not wasted a full day since the event to launch an attack against the NRA and silencers. (Neither of which had anything to do with this shooting.) The woman is a great representative of liberal thinking and continues to :dead:.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

I guess reading is not one of your strong point. America is not Iran Iraq and china. I thought this an advanced socitity. Violence done by the hands of American is more in their home and abroad. :).

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Damn son, you sure are grabbing at straws on this subject. Might be a surprise to you, and I haven't seen any backup info yet, but the shooter was listed to be a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Democrat. :eek:

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yes.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhhh - so anywhere with more issues isn't advanced enough to be considered. You've gone to the Mike school of proving a point huh? :D

19. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

She's my hero like Trump is your hero....
    And for the record. I do believe in the 2nd Amendment. I believe i've said this before. So please, take it some place else.

Again, RIP to the victims and condolensed the their families and friends.
    Sad events, that's for sure.

20. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

These countries are war torn. Humans are violent in nature here and somewhere else. Guns and mental issue are not the main causes. That is my point. There is underlying problem with America and the amount of killing , mass shooting.