1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop Protection

Discussion in 'General' started by groundhogday, Mar 30, 2018.

1. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

I was handed a new MacBook air for my new job. The work environment will probably be pretty dirty, so what do you like for screen protectors, keyboard covers, or any other protective accessories?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Trade it in for a Toughbook?

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Toughbooks are the only laptops that can survive on our police bikes. We currently have HP, I'm on my 7th HP laptop in 2 years.

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Are they Harleys? Figure the vibration may cause some problems.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Why would you care?
    1. It is a Mac.
    2. It isn't yours, so when you wreck it the IT guys will give you another.

7. groundhogday

Unfortunately I'm employee number four in a company of Cult of Apple members. I'm the only one without an iPhone. I'm not so much worried about dropping it, more worried about getting dust in it. I think a screen protector and keyboard cover would help, but I read somewhere that the ventilation is through the keyboard. Don't know if a keyboard cover would cause it to overheat.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Something like this I believe is about all you're going to find to keep out the water and dirt, says it can actually be submerged and keep water out.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...as2&tag=bguidelink-20&linkId=BEMJH56C7ZZGQKUH

If you meant you need to be actually using the laptop like out in the rain falling on it and dust and dirt I don't think there are any functional ones like that.

9. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You have computers on your bikes?:eek:

We’re still rocking Motorola ML910s in our cars:oops:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just blow it out every so often. No moving parts inside other than the fans.

11. groundhogday

After a week on the job, I think I'll be fine just blowing it off with some compressed air at the end of the day. It's not all that dirty, just a little bit of hemp dust floating around.