1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lap record at Talladega

Discussion in 'General' started by Chuck Warren, Jan 14, 2001.

1. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Originally posted by timspeed:
    I'm sorry I can't afford to do the national circuit although I checked all possibilities of how to travel cheap.

Tim is one of the best guys at the track. He crashed numerous times this year, but always kept a smile on his face.

At the GNF, it was below 35 each night, and all Tim had was a couch, a TV, and a sleeping bag. At night, you could walk by and see he and his wife huddled together, like they were in their living room at home, but freezing.(Had the heat actually worked inside the motorhome we rented, I would've invited them to stay with us. As it was, he was living better than we were.)

Tim is the epitomy of the bargain racer, and doesn't usually have a bad attitude, and is still a great guy. Don't let one thread sway you otherwise.

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Anyone is welcome to stay at my house if they don't mind driving about a 1:30 to RA or TGPR. But the beer is on you, the bed is free. I'm serious too.

[This message has been edited by Tracee Polcin (edited 01-16-2001).]

3. Bryon K. Dumas

Bryon K. Dumas Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of how many friends I have made at the racetrack from people who started out as adversaries if not enemies. Racing makes you realize that life is too short for hate. Well racing the way I do makes me feel life is too short, yikes! [​IMG]

Guess there's a reason they say, "Gentlemen, start your engines...".

4. Tracee Polcin

So true Bryon. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Tracee Polcin (edited 01-16-2001).]

5. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Yup, they disowned me (at least publicly) along time ago [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Due North (edited 01-16-2001).]

6. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

TSR; thanks for the input. and JU I will have a red gatorade for ya at every race I go to in 2001, it will be unopened because I know you probably do not trust strangers that get in heated discussions like ours did. Take it from the guys who know me best, I always extend a helping hand whenever it is needed and do not say anything about people that I wouldn't say in front of them. I will have to make my presence better known and I think then you will get to know me. The unhealthy comment by the way was serious, I didn't want you to be so upset at our problem seeing eye to eye. I have seen your light a little lately after many hours of talks with friends, but I'll still have my own views. Of course that doesn't mean we can't live in the same roadrace org. Good to see things are a little smoother now. New discussion I am looking for is your take on what comes next for Kawasaki in the open class. Topic is allready started.

7. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Speed, you have never seen me upset, ask CU! At least I know you're determined, because you will not take no (or even maybe) for an answer, and I know you are tough, because TSR saw you camped in the pits in 35 degrees F, and I know you're confident, and those are good things. I'll bring a spare blanket with me in case I see you and your wife huddled in the pits on a cold night. Hope to see you at the races and look forward to many entertaining discussions under better circumstances.

Another BBS success in the promotion of peace, harmony, etc., etc. Can't we all just race along?

JU

8. Dutch2

Dutch2 Well-Known Member

Dam I even didn't get off that easy over on the dog thread [​IMG]

9. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

No way,I've taken command of the illegal lw bike and the special tires.There is gonna be top secret crap goin' on in my pit;get to close and the guards will shoot...don't push me pal!! [​IMG]

10. timspeed

Sounds good. Barb is not my wife but she keeps me out of trouble like one. If anyone has ever seen my bike, I have a thanks barb on my front fender. Sometimes she is the only person that makes sense in the pits. I have had several girlfriends since my start with roardacing, but they all saw it as a hobby that took me from them. I am glad for barb thoygh because she is a real help. I dont have to ask for lap times, when I am having a bad day she doesn't tell me the lap times. She didn't know the difference two years ago between a fork and a tail section but now she knows enough from watching and asking to remove my airbox and change jets. My friends all know how picky I am with some things on my bike but I can always count on her to do all she knows confidently and stop when she is unsure rather than chance anything. She's not my wife but alot of guys with wives can't trust their women like I do. For that I am very thankful. If you are ever at the track and see a pit tootsie with a stopwatch and fast rice racing shirt on say hello. She's a good girl to know.
    Thanks Barb, #1

11. Janie McCommons

Janie McCommons Well-Known Member

And here we all thought that the "good racing woman/wife/girlfriend" was as elusive as the yeti...sasquatch...big foot...the loch ness monster. I saw one once at Roebling Road, but the video is a little out of focus, so the research group won't commit to the authenticity. Sorry, guys, I couldn't resist...I know, I know.... [​IMG]

12. Elmo Buckweather III

Elmo Buckweather III Well-Known Member

Hey! What you doing? Everybody now friend and forget Buck? Did you forget that guy insult you? What about Buck? I did not insult you. I think you very fast rich old guy. I can give gatorades, many gatorades. Forget that guy. He already in America with hot good woman, already racing. I needs get to America racing with good sponsor, win many race, find many girl, much money. Be hero. I needs help more than anybody, get out of this place to ROTFLMAO land. I will beat anybody if you give me good bike and many nice tire. Don't you get my e-mails? Many time I am asking but no answer.

Come on, be sponsor to me. I smoke everyone. You will see.

You answer my e-mail with where I pick up airplane ticket, okay? Let's go get ready to racing, don't waste time other guy.

Okay? Okay!

Buck

13. David Boosales

David Boosales Well-Known Member

I think that Elmo is the best thing to happen to the BBS since Smoore.

[This message has been edited by David Boosales (edited 01-17-2001).]

14. Elmo Buckweather III

I smoke smoore. I smoke everybody. Give me bike. I will win. I can do it! Come on! Answer e-mail. Come on! Let's not waiting to win!

Buck

15. Elmo Buckweather III

I just asking your help and nothing happen! This is cold shoulder?! Asking and asking, nothing happen? I thought you are nice guy, but you don't sending me ticket and money. No answer my e-mails. Don't you want to win? I am best guy for winning! Smoke everyone.

I am waiting now.

Buck

16. Tracee Polcin

The only thing that Elmo smokes is probally pole!!!! [​IMG]

17. timspeed

Lay off the bananna peals buck. or I'll have to start racing your class and change my goals.
    I saw a guy's girlfriend at the 1998 gnf put on surgical gloves and rebuild his 125 top end and change his silencer too. I was so impressed that I went home and showed my girlfriend how to change my spark plug, unfortunately she couldn't get the lefty loosey righty tighty concept. Fortunate for me though, she moved out and started a family elsewhere.

18. Tracee Polcin

Anyone whose GF or wife can work on their bike should be down right proud of that. I could ask my wife for a 10mm socket and she would give me that look again like I have a deep mental problem. [​IMG]

19. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

My girlfriend asked for her own tools for x-mas. I don't know if I should be scared or turned on or both!

20. smoore

smoore Princess

Thank you! [​IMG]

You all have made me blush with embarrassment over all of these kind comments ... I may have to choose the BBS over the BF after all!

[This message has been edited by smoore (edited 01-17-2001).]