1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lap record at Talladega

Discussion in 'General' started by Chuck Warren, Jan 14, 2001.

1. Chuck Warren

Chuck Warren Well-Known Member

John,

On your web page you stated that Grant set a new lap record 0f 1.58:7 on the 600. Is this clockwise or counter-clockwise. If it was clockwise, Tray Batey has the lap record on an Arclight Suzuki GSXR750 Endurance bike at 1.58:336.

Chuck

2. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Got bad information. Sorry. Will fix.

3. Chuck Warren

4. julrich

Chuck, where are you, anyway? Every time I try to call you to check something, I just get answering machines. Are you gone or are you just not answering your calls? Can you e-mail me a good contact number?

5. Chuck Warren

John,

Check your e-mail.

Chuck

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey! Whaddya think this is the WERA dating service?

[​IMG]

Couldn't resist...oh, wait a minute, here comes another one...

What the heck is this, you guys don't even race WERA any more!

[​IMG]

Okay, I think that's it for now... Some days my amusment overfloweth. I slay me [​IMG]

7. julrich

Hey, my WERA license is current, and there are still WERA stickers on my racebike.

(Which, for the record, to correct certain intimations in another thread, is the same 1996 RS125 I've been racing since, you guessed it, 1996.)

8. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

lap record where ?

9. Chuck Warren

John,

By the way, I think it's great that you keep back issues on the RoadRacing World web page. I don't have to scatter issues from the closet all over the floor to get at the info I want.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry JU just screwing around - I have seen your machine and do know that you do and will race WERA. Of course we will expect you to at least upgrade to a 2000 model for your 2002 assault on the championship - winning it on the 96 would just be too demoralizing for the other riders and we want them to come back to the racetrack again. [​IMG]

On a semi-serious note - the WERA family is large and varied, and while we may not see everyone every weekend or even every year you don't get out of being a part of the family (which of course means the rest of us have full razzing rights no matter how famous you get).

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

like calling josh, biscuit boy

12. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

A minute 58's? Hell, I can beat that!!!! [​IMG] I think I can do at least 1.50's... [​IMG]

13. julrich

Well, in that case, Grant beat Tray's record by about a minute!

14. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

Intimations, I get it. I really hope that doesn't hang with you too long, it isn't healthy. Are you going to be doing any wera next season? I have videos of races you were in but I have never been in the same races with you except my second ever. What are some of your east coast lap times? I haven't been able to get straight answers out of most guys.

15. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Before the remodel of Talladega the record was about 58.5 sec one direction and 57.8 sec the other direction. The change hasn't affected lap times that much. Not sure where previously in this post a time of "A minute 58's" was stated.

16. Chuck Warren

In order to pay for the new pavement and other changes, the management installed a toll booth on the back straight. During rush hour (600 Superstock Races) it adds as much as a minute to the lap time.

17. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

And they have a special lane for Pirelli sponsored riders and a lane for cherrypickers. [​IMG]

18. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Speaking of the Web page, I was just looking at the crash page and the photos of Eric Wood(4). It looks like the glove came off his right hand at some point during the tumble. It's there in the first picture, but gone in the 7th picture. Do my eyes deceive me?

[This message has been edited by Due North (edited 01-15-2001).]

19. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Seen the same thing but no mention was made in the caption. JU did he loose his glove?

20. Chuck Warren

We carry a little transponder on the bike so we can use the cherry-picker lane and go staight to the podium.