1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Mead's secrets

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Jul 26, 2022.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Went to a seminar on solar installations earlier this year and how they are impacted by building codes. Conventional installations (bid ass panels on a shingle roof) look like Fido's ass (IMHO). Gaps between groups of panels, uncovered areas at the ridge and eave contribute to the unattractive look. Well, those gaps are required by the fire code. If you have a fire that gets into the attic space, the fire department have to be able to cut a hole in the roof to vent smoke or fight the fire. I've seen photos of solar panels that resemble metal roofing. That might get me interested, particularly if the life of the panel is better than 20 years.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I can look later but there also has to be a quick disconnect/ discharge to prevent the firefighters from getting electrocuted.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep.

4. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Talked to a roofer in California, would not touch Tesla roof.

5. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I keep mine at 76 and you are spot on about the humidity. I have lingering circulation issues from my diabetes and kidney issues and any colder definitely causes issues.

50Joe likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Did he provide any specifics as to why?

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

How would he know, if he doesn't work for Tesla? They are the only ones doing the installation now.

We've had several guys at work get them, in Texas and Vegas. They are on year 3 now with damn good reviews overall. Of course they are Tesla geeks so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

I've never been too excited about electric anything, but this did seem kind of cool to me. Just like alot of people find any reason (or none at all) to shit on Elon and Tesla.

Guess I'll have to read some more articles.

G 97 likes this.
  8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This is kind of interesting- all three of the articles point out that it's the best system for a higher end home that is either new construction or planning a roof replacement anyway, and has lead time to deal with the installation delays. Exactly my situation.

The blog comparing it to an asphalt shingle roof cost is kind of laughable- a tile roof would be a more appropriate comparison. The cost difference then becomes negligible.

9. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

It’s a fun google rabbit hole when you start finding out how much water we’re giving Mexico ....

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Considering our Southern boarder is non existent, hard to conclude we’re giving them anything.

The Todd and GarrettRick like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I know, right!!! That damn Mississippi River on average dumps 138 BILLION gallons a day right into their Gulf.

Meanwhile my pasture has cracks big enough to break my leg in.

Pisses me right off.....

The Todd likes this.
  12. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Um, last time I looked, it's not 'their' Gulf. It's named it though LOL

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

:whoosh:

auminer likes this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm gonna start calling those giant cracks in my pastures 'sar-chasms'...

Motofun352 likes this.
  15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Shut down the almond farms until the levels increase, or build desalination plants. Either would help, nobody wants to give. Almond/Avocado/hippie food isn't so good I'd want my power turned off, but they can make their choices.....

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

KR senior is an almond farmer.

17. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

KR sold the ranch and moved to AZ some years ago.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had heard he was breaking it up and selling parts but didn’t know he sold it all.

19. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

1) Wait for high speed rail to reach Modesto
    2)?
    3)Profit