1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KZ650 Help

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Muz720, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

Cant seem to find anyplace that has parts for this bike? lots of places for KZ1000 parts but the 650 seems to be odd man out?
    Anyone that can steer me in the right direction would be helpful.
    Looking mostly for a race exhaust.
    Plus has any one put 17inch wheels on this bike? Heard SV front ends work but cant find the information. Seen rear swing arms from gs1100 an ZRX but again no good info on how easy or hard this is? so any links or websites would be cool.
    Thanks

2. Chuck78

Chuck78 Well-Known Member

KZ750 or GPz750 top end is a straight swap onto them, try exhausts for those? Probably wil require hanger mods but should be a great start.

Best of luck, great bikes!

3. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Don't bother swapping the wheels out...just buy mine.:D

As far as exhaust, I believe something from a ZR7 would probably fit. Search the old KZ650.info forum, to verify.

Attached Files:

• kz.JPG
      kz.JPG
      File size:
      112.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

Did you do the fork and awing arm conversion?

And sorry got my hands full of bikes at the moment to buy yours!

5. 2Big4Bike

I'm pretty sure I answered this very question in a PM to you from another thread back in July of 2018.
    It should still be in your PM's unless it was deleted.:beer:

I had a shop do the swap at my direction...unfortunately I wasn't there to directly supervise (wish I had been).

Just buy the parts, look at how they go together and start measuring. Check some of the KZ forums for threads and reference.

The next time I do a build like this, I'm doing all of it myself and documenting what was done and possibly making kits for future conversions.

Regards,
    Chad

6. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

Yes sorry about that ,forgot we talked awhile back. Take care.

7. 2Big4Bike

No problem...it's all good.
    Sorry I couldn't have been better help. :beer: