1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kurt Kesler is da man!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CharlieY, Aug 24, 2014.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Bravo sir, Bravo!

Blake was 1 point ahead of Kurt for a regional.

Blake low-sided my old EX in first practice. We could not get the thing to shift. Kurt had his 250 and 500 sitting there. Kurt gives Blake permission to scavenage parts from the 500 to get it fixed.

True sportsmanship, no doubt....but it gets BETTER.

We tried Kurts whole rearset. I tried both rods to both ends of the scale, mixed and matched ends, ANY possible combo, GP, std....no go.

Kurt says just go ahead and take the whole bike!:wow: ...yeah, its vintage, but its a points battle...these guys have been trading spots off all season and were within 1 point for a title.

Kurt made quite the impression on the rookie Blake (and some old dogs too:rolleyes:) :bow:

Bravo sir, Bravo.:rock:

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It's good to hear these stories from time to time.:up:

Reminds me that 99.9% of this community is a pretty squared away bunch.

4. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

So how did the race turn out?

#156 Well-Known Member

What happened Charlie? Race results ? Did blake ever get his certs from road a?

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Kurt's a good guy. So, who won?

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ol' Kesler has always been top notch. Hard to find better people in the paddock.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Kurt is a good dude for sure. Hell I was just surprised to see the widow maker out there.

The Vintage group are a good bunch of guys.

9. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

10. CharlieY

I'm pretty sure Blake is squared away paperwork-wise Wayne....but I'll need his confirmation.

As for the rest of the story, I was hoping Kurt would chime in and accept his kudos.....he earned them for sure.:beer:

Kurt was as committed to getting Blake out there as we were....that dude rocks.:rock:

We got back to my place sat nite, and I dug out an old EX motor I had stashed that had some issues (blown head gasket I think).....I handed it to Blake, told him to use it as needed, and just asked him to replace it when he found one in the future.

I've got another EX down there....that was its motor.

Anybody have a spare EX 500 Motor?

The young lad can ride gents. :up: he's probably 5'7" and 150 soaking wet. He has family moral support as well. His GF Jenney works the pit. His mom came to Road Atl and sat me down for awhile :wow: .....we came away with her slightly reluctant motherly blessing, but blessed none the less.....she was very impressed with the whole WERA setup, and said she was multiple times more comfortable with the whole situation.

The kid has a future if he chooses so.....what I like about it is he has no hard-set aspirations. He is open to starting and learning in Vintage, which says alot about him.

What a great day it was. :clap:

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I loaned the kid a bike and he beat me with it. :mad:

Should have protested...

:D

I'm glad we were able to get him out there, not much worse than making a trip to race and then not being able to do so. As for the point chase, we still have a couple of rounds left. Hopefully I won't be riding "Shakes the Clown" anymore.

12. Blakester122

Blakester122 Well-Known Member

Haha Kurt you did more than just loan me a bike. You really showed me what racing is about and the true comradery that is there at the track. I won't forget how you helped me out in a pinch and I really appreciate what you did. Hopefully I can get my engine sorted out for Road A and I'll see you out there. I am really excited to race there with you again.

Thanks again for such a great weekend Charlie and Kurt. It was a blast and I won't forget about it. :beer:

P.S. Wayne I did get my cert. It came in the mail not too long ago.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

All joking aside, Blake, anytime. If you don't get it back together before Road Atlanta just let me know and we will come up with something for you to ride.

14. Blakester122

Well I greatly appreciate that Kurt. Hopefully it won't come to that and I'll have it all sorted before then. I have a gasket kit on order and hopefully I can sort it. I was looking at the service manual and it looks like that area we thought might be where the transmission might come out as a cassete is not. It's where the shift mechanism is housed. I'm hoping it will be just something in there jammed, but it's probably wishful thinking. Haha

15. CharlieY

Hey man, its all you Blake.....all I did was let you make payments on the bike at the start of the season, then kinda sit back and watch....and you did not dissapoint.:up:

It was kind of nice of you to wait till the bike was paid off before you crashed it.:D :bow:

Go get em Holmes!

16. Blakester122

Haha I aim to please. I told you I didn't want to wreck your bike. All I had to do was make it mine and then it was one. HAHAHA. :D I guess I pushed a little to hard. Probably should pick up a new tire in the mean time too...Stick I'll be in contact if I get get it back together before then.

17. CharlieY

The tire probably didnt help any, BUT.......3rd lap of first practice, and you were already 10 seconds faster than the last time you were there....????...Maybe alittle. :D

Its all part of the game and experience young grasshopper. ;) ...kinda like that Kenny Rodgers song about holding and folding.

18. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Kurt is a class act!

#156 Well-Known Member

Guess I will have to show up at road atlanta and show you boys the fast line again like in june ! :D

20. sowega

sowega #710

When I was all depressed about a breakup, Kurt offered to give me "a smooth-palmed tugger" every day for like a month. He's generous.