1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KTM Wants to Buy Something

Discussion in 'General' started by Prospect, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/ktm-buy-ducati-stefan-pierer/

“Today, engines and chassis are built partly identical for both brands [KTM and Husqvarna], but in the house with us is not working against each other. Now we can offer two brands under one roof, thereby increasing the customer frequency.”

“Ducati is the Ferrari of the motorcycle industry,” continued Pierer with Speedweek. “Of course, having such a brand in our group would be interesting. It is not a question of price, but it is about the topic: When does everyone realize the situation they are in.”

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, both KTM and Ducati in MotoGP at the same time under the same corporation? Why would one company do that?

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

They're upset the 790 didn't get in MA Twins and the Ducati Monster did... :crackup:

Phl218 and notbostrom like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

That one strategy when you're own development sucks in MotoGP, just buy a manufacturer that already has done the work and is on the rise.

rcarson15 and maslov like this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I don't think they suck, it's just they have a lot of catching up to do. I applaud them for taking on the challenge.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

In the regards of them at least trying, like Aprillia, is to be applauded, as Kawi is no-show at the highest-level.

Suzuki I think caught on faster, all things considered, and they probably have less of a budget than KTM does.