1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kramer 690 class questions

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Billy B, May 26, 2022.

1. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

I'm just getting back into racing after a long time off and was lucky enough to get my hands on a Kramer thumper (track bike from the factory, not street legal - KTM 690 motor). Looking at the rulebook it seems to be legal in the following classes:
    Lightweight Twins Superbike - Unlimited singles based on Formula rules (Superbike only)
    Formula 2 - Unlimited Singles
    Clubman - Unlimited singles
    Mediumweight Senior Superbike - (I'm well past 40) Formula 2 machinery

Look right to you all?

I'll probably start out entering 2 classes, not sure which of the above would be the most fun/competitive on the Kramer? I like the idea of the Senior class even though the bikes in that one (600 superbikes) are probably mo' bettuh than what's legal in most of the others.

Thanks all!

2. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Looks right, Billy... Same as my 690 Duke. I'm just a few months older than you, and was looking to try all of the above classes to see where I was competitive, who I liked to race with, etc. (North Central region, BTW.)

Looking forward to seeing you and the Kramer on track!

-Tom

3. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Good deal Tom. I looked at the results from last weekend's Grattan races and there aren't a ton of entries in most of those classes, which kinda sucks. But since they run combined with some other classes I'm sure there will be people to race with. Looking forward to getting back into it. See you out there!

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The Kramer should be a ringer in Clubman, and do ok in F2 and LWTSB. I'd be a bit surprised if they allowed it in SSBMW, as they haven't typically allowed SV's.
    I hope you end up not liking it so I can take it off your hands...

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Yeah I was thinking the same about this being hard to beat in Clubman. On Senior SB Mediumweight, the rulebook says: "Up to C Superbike & Formula 2 machinery" That allows 600cc superbikes, a la built R6s etc? Seems like an SV650 or the Kramer would be legal (and not super competitive) in that class?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The issue is the Kramer and SV's are too slow. SSB MW runs at the same time as SSB HW and those bikes are a wee bit fast.

7. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation Mongo.