1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobe leathers - new shipment

Discussion in 'Other' started by FSLong, Jan 30, 2011.

1. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

Kobe leathers has received a new shipment of leathers. Get ready for your race season now. Get great leathers without paying the high price. We have three suits to choose from:

Carbonstar suit: $479.00
    Dragon suit: $499.00
    Xpro suit: $539.00

For a limited time, you will also get a free Kobe back protector and Kobe Pro race gloves. The is a $200.00 add on that you do not have to pay for. This offer will end Monday February 28, 2011. Order early so you get what you want.

Don't let the price fool you, these are high end leathers for a low, low price. If you do not like them, send them back for a full refund. No questions asked.
    You can't lose with this offer - no reason not to check it out!

We also have the Kobe Dragon jacket and pants for anyone who rides streetbikes. These are based on our leather suits. Heavy duty CE approved armor, 1.7 mm leather and heavy duty zippers. Just like our leathers.

Kobe also has the Kobe Pit Paws for use in the pits and working on the bike.

Check out our website at www.kobeusa.com.
    Feel free to contact Scott at 706-654-5623. I am dedicated full time to servicing our Kobe customers. We want you happy with our products.

2. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

Kobe leathers is part of KTM World and Highland Park Resort (dirt bike park) in NW Ga. near Cedartown. Highland Park is a 1000 acre ORV park. One way trails for safety and fun. Trails rated for difficulty.

If you buy a pair of Kobe leathers from us and also happen to ride dirtbikes, I will give you a free ride day at our dirt bike park.
    You have to mention this to Scott when ordering your leathers.

3. witsbusa

witsbusa Well-Known Member

I'm going to be ordering one of your suits, but was hoping to get a little more insight.. am I interpreting the quality / feature levels correctly as Carbon Star, XP Pro and Misano at the top? Can you summarize the distinctions and recommendation for a track day rider? Are there any sales on the Misano?

Also, I don't see any information on the Dragon on the website.. an info on that too would be appreciated. Thanks!

4. witsbusa

I am also curious where the suits are made?

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

The Carbonstar and Xpro are the top sellers.

The quality of the stiching is fantastic. I have friends that have been down in there suits several times with little or no repair. Bottom line, these suits were designed for the purpose and they hold up better than most in crash test. I believe Cycle News, correct me if I am wrong Scott, did a shoot out and these were recomended over the others.

These suits have been around a long long time.

6. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

If the suits are that good, I just may get a new suit for this season. Is there more information on sizing?

7. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

Kobe leathers

Question on sizing: call me for sizing at 706-654-5623 or email at
    [email protected]. After 30 years of being around leathers, I can usually get your size right the first time. Sometimes we need to go up or down one size. I will have a higher success rate of fitting you than you just ordering off of a size chart. I will ask you questions and give you information the size chart does not allow for.

Dragon suit info: We have a new www.kobeusa.com site going up literally within days, that will contain all the info on the Dragon suit as well as the Xpro and Carbonstar. The current site is the old version. The suit info is still correct, the main difference is color. The Dragon suit info is not on the old site.

Where are they made? Kobe leathers are made in Pakistan, as are most suit brands. I think Vanson went to Mexico, Dainese moved more than 50% of their suit production out of Italy, I believe to Pakistan. Kobe leathers are put together using our design and built to our specifications. We use 1.7mm race grade leather for our suits. The leather is doubled to 3.4mm in the contact points, your elbows, knees, tail area. Heavy duty CE approved soft armor with a hard shell is used throughout the Kobe suits. I have two leather suits, one is a $2000.00 set of Kushitani's and the other set are Kobe Carbonstar's,
    If I am slidding horizontally down the asphalt at 80mph, I would rather have the Kobe's on.

The Misano does not exist any more - the Dragon suit took its place. Better suit for about the same price.

Cycle News comment: Kobe leathers were never featured in Cycle News. There was an article in Cycle World magazine about 1 year ago that covered 5-6 pages telling about the different features along with the magazines likes and dislikes of different brands of leathers. The last paragraph stated that "the thicker the better". That is pretty much it. No suit will protect you from everything, but isn't the point of having a leather suit is give yourself as much protection as possible within reason. Most of our competitors suits are 1.1 to 1.5mm thick. We are not aware of any other suit companies that use 1.7mm leather.

Contact me, if I send you a suit and you do not like, let me know, you can return it, no questions asked. You really have nothing to lose by trying the Kobe suits. We also give a 1 year warranty on all Kobe items (except knee sliders) even under race conditions.

Scott Long
    706-654-5623
    www.kobeusa.com

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Get a Kobe man, would I steer you wrong? :up:

9. witsbusa

chatted with Scott today for a bit.. I think I'm going with the Xpro in..................................... there is the problem.. color.

Wife is calling for black since I'm on a KTM Superduke R and either a mixed up plastic busa or hopefully a cool little gsxr750..

probably do what she says as I'm getting away with a second suit..:eek:

and for you single or otherwise people without kids, that's pretty big..

especially when I'm trying to get my mitts on an Arai at the same time!!:D

10. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yea man, you're my hero. I just buy and beg forgiveness later.

11. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that the new Kobe leather website is now up and running. After 6 months of anticipation, it is finally here. All the latest information about the Kobe lineup is now available.

We have leathers for racing and trackdays plus leather jackets and pants for street riding. Please check out the new site. Let me know what I can do to help you.

Go to... www.kobeusa.com

Thank you,
    Scott Long
    706-654-5623
    www.kobeusa.com

12. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

If you are thinking about buying leathers this year, the time is now. We have a free back protector and gloves that come with every suit between now and the end of february 2011.
    Call me at 706-654-5623 or check out the new Kobe site at www.kobeusa.com.

13. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

Get your leathers while you can. Sale ends 2/28/11.

14. oconnor

oconnor Bad juju

Any chance on extending that sale? A friend wants to buy my Carbonstar so I thought I might get an Xpro...

15. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

Call Scott at 706-654-5623 by tuesday pm (3/8/11) or 1-888-fastlap (1-888-327-8527) wednesday thru sunday of this week and I will take care of you. I will be back at the 706-654-5623 number next week. Or contact me at [email protected].

16. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

I posted on the General Forum regarding this deal and Scott. Leathers look great and Scott was first class to deal with, to say the least. Definitely reach out to him!

17. oconnor

oconnor Bad juju

I'll be in contact.
    One question: Do the suites all fit the same across the model lines? Or is one line slimmer fitting than another?

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

We should have some Kobe wear on display at Roebling next weekend.

Look for a green 1995 ZX6R with white plates and #115

19. rorr183

rorr183 Active Member

i'm interested Scott...............send me a pm when you can, thanks