1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knee surgery

Discussion in 'General' started by kaoyagi, May 1, 2007.

1. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

Anyone have arthroscopic ACL reconstrcution and LCL repair surgery? Supposed to get it done Thursday due an incident at Summit. Anyone with any words of wisdom or advice?

2. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Wow! They can do that arthroscopicly now? I've had two reconstructions and neither where anything close to arthroscopic. I have a big ol’ zipper down my knee. I had my first in '90 and the second in '95 and technology had come a long way between those two so it should be a breeze now.
    Good luck!!

3. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

What kind of ACL graft are you getting? I did the pattella tendon graft and you get a cool scar chicks dig.

Other than that......PT....PT.....PT.....PT as much as you can.

4. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I had my ACL replaced end of last October (cadaver). Physical Therapy is the key word. Hope you heal fast

5. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

I've had the left knee 'done' four times and the right knee done once. The arthroscopic procedure won't be so bad as far as pain and recovery go. Unfortunately, mine required a chainsaw, a TIG welder and some space-age polymers leaving their marks like Trip described.

You'll be up and racing in no time if it's just arthro.

However, the pain level on the more invasive procedures is very entertaining. I remember lying on the post op table with the Delotin (sp?) drip plus the fun button which I was pounding literally sobbing from the spectacular pain like an 8 year old with my left knee in an external fixator. And that was the right knee's operation.

Hopefully, yours is less involved.

Have a nice day!:)

6. Dunham

Dunham Well-Known Member

Tony has had the same knee done twice, once with patella tendon and the second with the cadaver. DO therapy, it is the only way not to have to do it again. Tony didn't listen and had it done twice.

Good Luck...

7. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

1) Get the cadaver parts.
    2) Do physical therapy.
    3) Do a lot of bicycling after PT.

I had it done (arthroscopic) on my left knee about 10 years ago, and it healed fast and has been 100% for a long time.

8. tim503

tim503 Well-Known Member

My wife had surgery for a complete tear of the ACL and a torn Meniscus a few years ago, and during all of that, she gained a lot of good knowledge on the forums at this website: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/

Good luck with healing up!

9. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and advice. I keep hearing that PT is the key.