1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knee Pucks - What Do You Guys Like These Days?

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Nov 18, 2018.

1. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I like to slap a set on and never think about them again, so I’m considering the double-thick Woodcrafts. Anyone use them in the dry? How’s the wear? The RSTs weren’t bad either so I could get more of those I guess. Other suggestions for long-lasting pucks?

2. I’ve always used Klucky.

I like hard pucks. I don’t want them to be grabby.

I rarely ever drag my knee. I might touch it down briefly, then I pick it up and stick my elbow out.

The only time my knee really drags is if there is curbing, or too much lean angle so I have nowhere to put it.

Because of that, and how good/hard the Kluckys are, I can go a long, long time on a set of pucks.

3. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I’ve always used kluckys. They last pretty long if you don’t grind your knee into the ground. I touch down and then bring my knee up slightly. Got three seasons out of a set.

4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

the Bridgestone boys sold me a set i loved a while back... IRP or something... extra hard compound.. you could bury weight into it all day...tired that with the stock alpinestars and those were gone in 1 session.

vizsladog and SpeedyE like this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My A*s are original to the suit...goin' on 13k+(?) miles on track.
    I don't drag 'em unnecessarily. They've been flipped and side-swapped a couple times to get the most out of 'em, but it's time for a new set.
    I don't really have an opinion on brands...been through a few over the years.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Woodcraft...

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

FYI most of the Dainese pucks are pretty soft but they do make a harder version (the Pista HD). easy to spot because they are usually black with the white speed demon (vs black and gray for the standard ones, or colored).

8. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

Woodcraft, the standard ones. They last a while.

9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

RSTs are straight soft garbage.
    Broome is right, kluckys/woodcraft is the smoothest and longest lasting. Xtra thick means longer life.

when i was competing in 01/02, I had an incorrect and unorthodox riding style. I would plow/scrub w/ the front on entrance and use excessive lean angles to try to make up on corning speeds. I relied on the knee to keep the bike upright when it plowed/scrubbed/slid/tucked/folded. So, my knees were always buried w/ constant intentional pressure. I liked the dianese as they grabbed predictably but a set of dainese would last 2 sprint races, if i tried for a 3rd i would lose half the entire circumfrance of the puck and go through my suits' velcro. Not the correct way to ride(!!!!), but it seemed to make sense to me at the time :D
    W/ that said I have literally tried Every puck out there. Broome is 100%, the kluckys are smooth, but not slick, and last the longest.

Bloodhound and Gorilla George like this.
  10. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

unloading 25-50% of your body weight into a knee plus very little foot/bar pressure is an interesting feeling..like your suspension found 2 gear.

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. SpeedyE

Yup.....I didnt want to go too far down the rabbit w/ w/ the whole puck thing i wrote , but yup!!!!!! Lotta of weird stuff/nuances you can do w/ a weighted puck :beer:
    it's an awesome tool and no-crash device

12. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

speedy tell em about my GNO sliders I should have 75 pairs done soon

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. SpeedyE

I will take a beeb beating for this, I know I know it is incorrect!
    I used to brake hard, then relax 1/2 the brake and snap the bike over to max-angle, carrying too much speed to stay on line, then I would abruptly/quickly/purposefully yank/countersteer the bars and break the front tire loose, hold the bike up w/ the knee, and slow w/ the front tire until I got to desired speed.
    WRONG, I know....felt right though :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  14. SpeedyE

I didnt even know you were still around my brother :) Thought the locals chased you out of town, lol. I am currently burning bridges w/ them right now (due to horrendous treatment in 2016, by a certain click of them....the 4 dueschbags) and brought up what those four did to you, in my recent rants. I am glad you are still around and hopefully doing well.
    Yes, the Geno handmade super pucks were the BEST I ever used. Excellent feedback/feel, lasted forever, inexpensive, great velcro.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  15. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

you are forgiven, stop by GARGAC LANE SOMETIME

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. SpeedyE

I was your biggest cheerleader/defender.....I been defending you and calling out the 4 dueshes for 2 years ;)

"Turn left on G-A-R-G-A-C lane"
    [​IMG]

17. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Price/ pics?

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. SpeedyE

THey looked like kluckys, but I think might have been a little thicker. They were similar to the kluckys in feel/durability/friction/velcro. But were cheaper. He used to make me custom ones, before anyone made 'wet' ones, that were double thick.....Best puck I ever used. They were cheap and would last me a long time. Once I used the GNO's, I used them exclusively, and I went through pucks more than anyone I have ever seen.....pucks to me were like face shields for Broome, disposable after ever race, LOL :D

19. :stupid:

The black/white Dainese pucks last forever, and are much less „grabby“ than other pucks. I like sliders that actually slide.

20. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

How is the Velcro on those? Some of the Dainese reviews say it isn’t great.