1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KLX110 motard

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Scotty87, May 31, 2016.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Kills me to do this, always said I would never sell it.

[​IMG]

The good:
    NSR150r wheels (no more tubes)
    Sano swingarm
    CRF450r front brake, EBC HH pads
    KTM SX65 front forks
    Elka roadrace specific shock, not a MX shock that's been 'made to work'.
    Takegawa 138+r motor with S15 cam. I also have an off brand 160 (I think) top end and a Takegawa s25 cam that will go with it.
    Takegawa 6 speed close ratio transmission. As far as I know, this is one of less than 10 of these in the country. I have the updated shift fork and shift star in place.
    CHP pipe.
    Mikuni D-slide carb.
    A few different sprockets will go with it as well.
    I'm sure there are other things that I'm forgetting

The bad:
    Nothing. No leaks, no rattles, no smoke, no ticks, not a damn thing. The bike pulls like a freight train and is dead nuts reliable. I haven't ran the bike in 2 years but it'll start right up the second I put fresh gas in it. I never had any issues with it and I stored it properly. I haven't raced in years but I couldn't bring myself to sell this thing, it is just sooo perfect and dialed in. I've caught, passed, and walked away from 2 stroke 85s on it, about the only thing it couldn't reach out and touch was the 150r. I don't want to sell it but I'm getting a case of the guilts with it just sitting in my shop unused. I have no plans to race minis again and I don't have anywhere local to just go screw around on it, so it's pretty clear it's gonna live the rest of it's life under a blanket and I just can't accept that. Someone needs to race it.

$3800

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

price, location?

3. Scotty87

$3800, just outside of Chicago.

4. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

This is a VERY nice build. Good luck with your sale.

Scotty87 likes this.
  5. Scotty87

Thanks man. I know the price is high, but I truly feel that whoever buys it will not be the least bit disappointed. I can't bring myself to actually type the number because its retarded, but I have way, way, more into it than that.

6. Scotty87

Turkey Day bump

7. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I'm interested, waiting on Eddie K. to buy one of my others so the wife does not freak out(running out of room in the garage).
    Where did you get the bracket for the front brake caliper mount?
    I have a KTM 65 with the oversized brake rotor but the caliper is still the stock one.

8. Scotty87

I made it out of 6061 to adapt an aftermarket crf450 brake caliper mount.

9. hrc_nick_11

Cool thanks.

10. hrc_nick_11

Is that still a auto clutch I notice the rear brake is a hand brake?

11. Scotty87

No no no, full manual clutch. Close ratio 6 speed trans from Takegawa. Instructions literally where all in Japanese characters. It was a pain in the ass to get, and then to get the updated shift star and drum that makes it bulletproof. I have only met one other person that has this trans, and have never met anyone that has this trans and the updated star and drum. I suspect there are a couple more in the US, but I haven't heard. It's a one of a kind deal, very very rare. Magura hydraulic setup for the clutch. Rear brake could be very easily converted back to foot brake.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  12. Scotty87

I'll say it - this is probably the most purpose built road race KLX110 in America. The Elka shock is a road race piece, not a converted MX shock. Same for the trans. Supermoto front brake. NSF wheels (that you can't get anymore). The KTM SX65 front end has road race valving in it.

This is a get on it and win races kinda thing. It needs nothing.

13. Scotty87

Post Christmas price drop - $3500

14. hrc_nick_11

SOLD TO ME!

Scotty87 likes this.