1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kids leathers?

Discussion in 'General' started by rabbit73, May 13, 2011.

1. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

MY son is 7 and he finally reaches the passenger pegs on my bike. I'm still not 100% convinced he's old enough (overprotective dad syndrome), but if I do start taking him out for rides I want him geared up.

Where can I find leathers for kids? All I can seem to find is MX gear. He doesn't need a $1000 Dainese with knee pucks, but I want him safe. TIA.

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Wayne at Trackskinz has treated my son real well with custom fit leathers. He is on the forum. We have crash tested them extensively.

4. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Pilot makes kid suits

5. Brian M

Brian M Well-Known Member

6. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

So what do you gear your daughter in? I really hate the thought of him not having some sort of protection, but I guess I may have to go the MX armour route under a sweatshirt.

7. Brian M

Brian M Well-Known Member

So far we have only ridden to school and the store a few times. She wears a winter coat (hasn't gotten hot yet), gloves, long pants, and a helmet.

She is not doing much riding now since the transmission on my street bike is jumping out of 2nd gear. Can't believe it has only lasted 108,000 miles.

Tour Master (youth Jett 3) makes the only kids jacket I could find - other than biker style leather jackets in the US.

I was thinking the Tour Master jacket, some leather gloves and possibly some pants from on of the web sites I listed.

My daughter is from China, so buying a good fitting helmet is proving difficult (head shape). Working on getting one from Japan.

8. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Off the shelf, A* is the only one I know of.

Trackskinz

Pilot

All of these have been mentioned though.

Rooster Racing also makes them and seems to be pretty affordable too.
    Rooster also makes kids sized boots.
    Held makes kids gloves.

As for helmets, Draik has worn adult sizes, wither xs or s since he was 7...

You may be able to check out the USGPRU or SEMRA forums to see if anyone has anything used for sale...

9. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I found Rooster mentioned in a some googling, but can't seem to find anywhee that sells them online.

I'll check out the other forum classifieds, thanks.

10. earacing

earacing Race Dad

11. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Wayne brought over a kid size Trackskinz last night and it looked great.

One of my nine year olds put it on and it was a great fit. They are small kids too. Probably about the size of an average 7 y/o. I'd hit Wayne up. I think I took a photo of the kid in the suit. I'll check and post it if I did.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If you want leathers, I think Rooster and Alpinestars are your best inexpensive options. If you want some upper body protection without leathers, I have Tyler's old Dainese back, sholder, forearm protector. It's basically like putting on a mesh jacket with a bunch of armour. You can then put a jacket over it or put this over/under motocross jersey. He used this when we ran pocketbikes, before purchasing a full leather suit.

I think it was around $300, you can see if it fits and if it does, how does 75 sound?