1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kickstand safety switch

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tiemmo, Jun 13, 2009.

1. tiemmo

tiemmo Active Member

im looking to remove my kickstand on my 2000 gsxr 750. I want to know the best way to maintane a closed circiut so the bike doesn't cut out. Is there something that needs to be disconnected. please help thanks

2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Use an voltmeter ($20 from Sears if you don't have one).
    Unplug the cable coming from the kick stand switch and check the circuit (from the kickstand switch) when the kickstand is up and when it's down. If the circuit is completed (closed) when the kickstand is up, then you just need to solder or join the 2 wires together somewhere along the wiring path. You could cut the plug off the kickstand switch maybe 5" from where it plugs into the wiring harness. Join the wires there, plug the connector into the harness, and you're set. I cut the actual wiring harness and removed the connectors all together, but you may want to leave the harness alone. I did this on a different bike, but the directions to use a voltmeter (ohmmeter) applies to any bike.

3. tiemmo

tiemmo Active Member

thanks

4. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

On your 00 750 you'll need to join the wires together.

Peter