1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyless on a 08 zx10r track bike

Discussion in 'Tech' started by streeteg, Apr 26, 2014.

1. streeteg

streeteg Active Member

Bike 08 Kawi zx-10r
    Tech: Switching to keyless
    Issue- Fuel pump not turning on but did it before I tried to go keyless

Cliffs: Cluster comes on, fuel pump does not. Non immobilized US model 08 zx10r

Someone from zx-10r.net suggested i try things over here. I posted up these questions there and got the thread closed--- because if i post up how to go keyless--- a whole new wave of thieves waiting on that information will now be ready to run wild. (Sarcasm)

Anyway--- for verification--- my title w/ my bike:

[​IMG]

Anyway-- wiring diagram below--- I have made all the connections as indicated by the "ignition switch connections" though I am not sure what to do with the gray wire. It is not hot, and goes direct from the ignition to the ECU. It says it pairs with a 2nd gray in the diagram but I don't see shit.

Pair #1
    White is hot
    Brown goes to ignition

Pair #2
    Blue is tail 1
    Red is tail 2

Pair#3
    White/Black and White Green go nowhere once you get to the harness but its asking me to connect them anyway

Pair #4
    Then there is only one gray wire left that I don't know what to do with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

The grey wire may be for the immobilizer. It's possible the wiring is there in the harness for all bikes and just the ECU's are different between the U.S. and euro models. A brief search of some forums mentions using a 100ohm resistor on that wire, you might look into that.

3. streeteg

streeteg Active Member

You were right! thanks!