1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerry's foreign affairs advisor speaks

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Mar 4, 2004.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It seems Vanessa Kerry has accused Bush of engineering a coup in Haiti, running poor Aristide out of the country. She describes him as a democratically elected leader.

Excerpt from the Washington Times:

Mr. Kerry's daughter Vanessa said at a campaign stop for her father in New York on Monday that the Bush administration "just helped overthrow, basically overthrow a democratically elected president."
    Mr. Kerry declined yesterday to dispel that statement on ABC's "Good Morning America." Asked whether he agreed with his daughter, Mr. Kerry replied, "I didn't say that," but added that the Bush administration "empowered the opposition, the insurgents" by allowing the situation in Haiti to deteriorate.

Full story here.

Bush, of course, was assembling a multi-national force to address the problem. You would think Vanessa and her dad would approve of Bush working with the French right from the beginning in the spirit of worldwide cooperation. Even Canada has sent some troops. And the UN has taken their usual step of issuing a strongly-worded statement.

"Look, George, everytime you learn how to play the game, we'll just change the rules"
    John Kerry

2. dave333

dave333 traveler

Be afraid! Be very afraid...

3. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

4. dave333

dave333 traveler

So, damned if you do and damned if you don't? Doggone lib's want it both ways, as usual...

5. In Your Corner

If you rely on Molly Ivins for your perspective on Bush, I think I can understand your attitude. She's due to be committed any day now. The only thing in that commentary that actually concerned Bush and Haiti was the withholding of aid. She conveniently doesn't mention the reason the aid was withheld.

Of course, I'm sure you could fill us in on that.

6. Well, this description of Aristide is technically correct. He was the leader (just you never mind how he got there), and the Democrats elected to restore him to power after he was deposed. So, he was a Democratically elected leader. :)

7. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aristide stated yesterday that he was the victim of a political kidnapping by the United States, supported by the French.

9. In Your Corner

At least he still has a sense of humor.

I hear his current hosts regard him as a hot potato they desperately want to toss to someone.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Indeed, nobody wants him. Most likely final destination at this point is South Africa.

11. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Too bad he didn't get the boot a few months earlier. He could have run for Gov'ner of Kalifornia.
    :p