1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keigwins Trackdays Shutting Down

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Aug 31, 2018.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I just watched the video again and still can't figure out how in the world somebody can crash like that. He clearly wasn't carrying too much speed in the corner and was nowhere near the limits of anything other than ability and intelligence. I would think that any court in the country would be able to take one look at that video and compare it to a billion other videos of the same corner with competent riders and see where the problem lies.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

And see that it was intentional and put him in jail

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

After watching that video, I’d be a little concerned about the gap between the apron and the dirt after walking the track. It would certainly be brought up to the event staff. Then, I’d probably ride it anyway.

To be fair to WERA, and Nelson Ledges in particular - I walked that track with a group of racist upon my first visit there (2006). We found gators with bent rebar sticking out the top of them on the inside of T1. They were somewhat covered by grass, so you wouldn’t see them when you’re on the bike until it was way, way, too late. We made mention of this to officials and that very night a crew was sent out to grind all of those down. So, props to WERA staff and Nelson Ledges for fixing up that hazard right away.

5axis likes this.
  4. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but he deserved to crash. He just gave up on the turn. All he had to do was maintain his lean angle and he would have been fine.

Banditracer likes this.
  5. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I remember when I first started riding on the track, a coach told me "if you think you aren't gonna make it, just keep turning anyways, you would be surprised how often you do make it". Seems to me that's exactly what would have happened here

Banditracer, stk0308 and Phl218 like this.
  6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Pretty much.

Not gonna make the corner? Turn the bike.

In too hot? Turn the bike.

Running wide? Turn the bike.

Always turn the bike, and shit.

7. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Look where you want to go. Not where you don't want to go.

Banditracer and stk0308 like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, you look at guys at track days trying to learn how to get better instead of doing that on public roads, and your reaction when they make beginner mistakes is they deserve to crash? Casting aside the fact that he is a lawsuit-happy douche, that's a pretty lousy attitude, in my opinion. It's not like he ass-packed someone, or some equally egregious shit.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I find blaming others for one's own faults egregious.

Chris, BigBird, Yzasserina and 2 others like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He blamed someone for running him off the track too? I don't remember all the details. I thought he was blaming the organizers for inadequate run off.

11. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Because this is worth repeating... in bold.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Had this been on the streets...who's he gonna sue for no run-off?

There's no intended use of other than tarmac at trackdays...who's at fault if a rider leaves the track?

He fucked up and likely isn't man enough to admit he made a mistake that busted his ass.

Fuck him. He's a traitor to the cause.

crashman and TurboBlew like this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

100% Doofus....

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I don't remember another bike anywhere near him in the video I saw. But there were two separate lawsuits and I may be confusing them. What I seem to recall about this one was that he appeared to simply target focus off the track and hit some sandbags on his own.

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

America. It's not me, it's you. A guy gets his junk chopped off and is called a hero. Somehow there are more than 2 genders. Safe places. Words hurt. Etc. It's only getting worse.

lonewrench likes this.
  17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

It would be better if you raced more...Bruce.

Bruce likes this.
  18. Cybernaut

Cybernaut Well-Known Member

Maybe someone could start one of those Go Fund Me deals and build up enough funds to award him the honor of Duochebag of the year award and get a national ad campaign going in papers and billboards ect.

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

He’s blaming the organizer and track for the sandbag in the run off.

20. rwdfun

rwdfun

It sounds like he is saying he was testing and gathering data for his company. Is there a distinction between using a track day org for commercial rather than recreational purposes. When testing is needed most companies rent the track on their own, have to have insurance and are responsible for their own inspections, no? Could a countersuit be filed for misuse of the intended purpose of a track day? Also since he’s suing everyone associated shouldn’t he sue his own company since he was working for them in an official capacity? His insurance should have some culpability right?

Thistle likes this.