1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayo or a Grom?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by baconologist, Jul 14, 2015.

1. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Preliminary testing concluded the pimped out XR was damn near dead nuts with the Grom. I lacked a very little bit on top end. Where I lost was in the draft battle in that last couple turns. :Poke:

Head work and a larger carb are on the way. :p

Looking at getting a fork brace milled to stiffen up those skinny little pogo stick forks out front too. I'm coming for you Grom monkeys, oh....I'm coming for you. :cool::D

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

stock head? Or Daytona DOHC 4 valver? :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeG7_jvaH1s

3. james walker

4. james walker

5. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I bet you scare the wee wee out of that kid....damn bullies on kids bikes.....:D

6. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

At NJ the Kayo's, in the hands of Mazz and Brandon, put down some really impressive lap times. They also enjoy riding em.
    They will have 3 demo's avail. at Sandy Hook Md this weekend if you wanna try one..Sat is open practice,Sunday is racing,,come out.
    as for tinkerin,, Blair has ll this shit in stock...
    http://www.kayominigp.com/krp/

BTW, We maintain them and have been using all genuine Yamaha parts, so far we have not found anything TTR that did not fit

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  7. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

For 16s and 17s or 12s?

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

we need to talk

:up:

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Hrmmm... wonder if the 4v conversion is viable for them then...

10. james walker

for 16s. i measured what was there and space is tight, tight, tight...and the thing is already gonna need to be tall for a 16" wheel running a 100/90. the 110 would be even tighter. :eek:

it'd be easy to come up with something for a 12" wheel. but on a 100?

i found one online (a guy was making some time back) and contacted him but haven't heard back. i'm about done drawing up my version. if i can get a doable price on getting something milled, I'll keep you posted if your interested. :)

11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I have a few sources laser or water jet

12. sharky nrk

Yeah let us know with what you come up with, you can get something that will fit 12s off the shelf from the APE100s but not the 16s or bigger. And I have seen a few here and there but never found a place to buy one for a reasonable price either.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Grom can be used on the street if you wanted to. the others not so much

14. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

15. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Brace looks similar to the ones RSW Racing makes.

16. james walker

yep. that's what I was thinking? That's who I contacted. He said he could produce more if I had a minimum order of 3. I told him I could have at lest 4 and never heard back from him. I just assumed he wasn't interested. :eek:

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Maybe 5 is the magic #?:D hint hint :Poke:

I was thinking I was going to take an old lower clamp and put it on my bike to see if it made any difference. I guess at the bigger tracks the turns are long enough to experience the wallow...lol. Dont notice it much at all on kart tracks.

18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've been working with Ron on clamps for one of my projects. You kinda have to push him, if you've got four commitments ask him to quote the work and bill you for it, that'll get the ball rolling again.

19. sharky nrk

I heard of people doing this as well, removing the stem from the lower triple and using it as a brace. I have not tried it myself, it may help, but I think if there was a half way cost effective brace for lower on the forks it would be a better option.

I would really like to run the 12s based on the tire options but I struggle with ground clearance like crazy as it is. Can't imagine the 12s would improve that at all.

20. FD3SA

FD3SA Member

Do you know if Blair or any other distributors have access to the Kayo 150? It's the TTR125 with the big bore kit, and it's sold standard from the Chinese supplier: http://www.kayo.net.cn/News_25.aspx

Also, do you know if there any distributors in Canada, particularly in Ontario (Toronto region)?

Thanks,

FD3S